June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Numbers
Did Moses Goof Early On?
Derek Leman is a Messianic Jewish rabbi, and I subscribe to his free Daily D’Var, in which he comments on passages in the Torah and the Gospels from a religious and a scholarly perspective. I would like to share here … Continue reading
A Goal and a Mission
I read the itinerary in Numbers 33 for my daily quiet time. What I’d like to write about today is the goal of life. I started by thinking about the broad-sweeping history in the Hebrew Bible. When did it come … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Hebrews, Numbers, Religion Comments Off on A Goal and a Mission
Going Out on Your Own
I recently read Numbers 32, in which the tribes of Reuben and Gad prefer to settle in the Transjordan rather than the land of Canaan. They agree, however, to assist the rest of Israel in conquering Canaan. The first time … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Autism, Bible, Church, Daily Quiet Time, Ezekiel, Family, Life, Numbers, Religion, School 2 Comments
Numbers 31: God as Judge
I read Numbers 31 for my daily quiet time through the Book of Numbers. God commanded the Israelites to go to war against Midian to execute God’s wrath against her, for the Midianites, on the advice of Balaam, had sent … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Numbers, Religion Comments Off on Numbers 31: God as Judge
Phinehas and Corpse Contamination
Phinehas was a son of Aaron, the High Priest. In Numbers 25:7-8, Phinehas kills with a javelin an Israelite man who brazenly brought a Midianite woman into the presence of Moses and the congregation of Israel, along with the Midianite … Continue reading
Forgiving Each Day in Prayer
When I was doing my daily quiet time recently in the Book of Numbers, studying Numbers 28, I checked my notes on that chapter that I took a few years ago. Numbers 28-29 is about the sacrifices that are offered … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Life, Mark, Matthew, Numbers, Religion, School, Weekly Quiet Time Tagged c s lewis, Forgiveness, Lord's Prayer Comments Off on Forgiving Each Day in Prayer
Cleansing Others, and the Thankless Job
I have two items for today, both of them related to my daily quiet time in the Book of Numbers: 1. In Numbers 19, we see the law concerning the red heifer, whose ashes are mixed with water to purify … Continue reading
Posted in Alcoholism, Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Hebrews, Numbers, Preaching, Religion Tagged ashes, ashes of the red heifer, Balaam, Balak, corpse contamination, god, hebrews, hebrews 6, impurity, Moab, purity, red heifer, Religion, substitutionary atonement, theology Comments Off on Cleansing Others, and the Thankless Job
Joshua: God Saves
It’s interesting that Hoshea’s name was changed to Joshua in Numbers 13:16, when the Israelite spies are being sent to the land of Canaan. When they see the giants and the fortified towns, the spies, with the exception of Joshua … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Numbers, Religion Tagged Conquest, God Saves, Israelite Spies, Joshua Comments Off on Joshua: God Saves
Genesis 29:31-30:24 and the Clusters of Tribes in Numbers
In the Book of Numbers, certain tribes of Israel are clustered together. We see this in Numbers 2, which places three tribes on each of the four sides of the Tabernacle. The same clusters appear in Numbers 7, in which … Continue reading
Numbers 5:1-4: Different Law, Intolerant God?
In Numbers 5:1-4, God tells Moses to put out of the camp those who have a skin disease, those who had a discharge, and those who have become impure due to contact with a corpse, so that they would not … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Leviticus, Numbers, Religion Comments Off on Numbers 5:1-4: Different Law, Intolerant God?