January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Luke
For my write-up today on W.D. Davies’ The Gospel and the Land, I have two items. 1. My first item is imminent eschatology, the notion that the end would come soon. According to Davies, Mark and Luke do not believe … Continue reading
In my write-up today on volume 2 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus, I will write some about the relationship between the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man in Luke 16:20-31, and Jesus’ resurrection of … Continue reading
For my write-up today on volume 2 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus, I will talk some about Meier’s discussion of Jesus’ exorcism of the Gedarene demoniac. This story appears in Mark 5, Luke 8, and … Continue reading
At church this morning, the Pastor Emeritus spoke to us, since our regular pastor is still in Israel. The Pastor Emeritus spoke to us about Jesus’ parables. There were two parables that stood out to me. The first was the … Continue reading
I finished Ben Witherington III’s Jesus the Sage. I have two items: 1. Are the Gospels fiction, or are they historical? Witherington says on page 154: “I have argued elsewhere that the ancient popular biography provides us with our closest … Continue reading
Claude Mariottini on his blog has a link to an article by N.T. Wright on the virgin birth of Jesus. Wright’s article is entitled Suspending Scepticism: History and the Virgin Birth. In my post here, I’ll interact with a few … Continue reading
I watched the new Desperate Housewives tonight, and the plotline that stuck out to me the most was Carlos’ job dilemma. But Lynette almost running over that guy who threatened her son was a close second! Carlos is getting his … Continue reading
In Luke 4, we read Luke’s story of Jesus’ temptation. It is similar to the temptation story in Matthew 4, only it presents the events in a different order. In Luke 4, Satan first tells Jesus to turn the stones … Continue reading
Yvette of Pascalian Awakenings has given me a link to a discussion about the Lakeland revival. It’s from the web site of Michael Brown, the author of Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus. I don’t know much about the revival in … Continue reading