December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Isaiah 9:1-6 according to Some Jewish Interpreters
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Plural Elohim, Plural Verb
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Category Archives: Love of God
R.I. Willroth. Absolute Love. Bloomington: WestBow Press, 2011. See here to buy the book. The message of this book is one that you will find in a number of Christian books: that God is love, and only in a relationship … Continue reading
John C. Peckham. The Love of God: A Canonical Model. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John C. Peckham teaches theology and Christian philosophy at Andrews University, which is a Seventh-Day Adventist university. His book, … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor’s sermon was about God being a God of relationship. The pastor said that God was sufficient in himself, but God’s love overflowed, as God created human beings to have a loving relationship with them. … Continue reading
The December 11, 2012 devotion in Our Daily Bread stood out to me. It’s by Randy Kilgore, and it started out as follows: “Some years back, another man and I were reading together Matthew 26 about Jesus in the Garden … Continue reading
This will be another post on the Christian movie Fireproof. The last post that I wrote about this movie was in November. The movie is about a firefighter named Caleb who tries to save his marriage. It’s a daunting task … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the song “Pass It On”. Click here to listen to the song and also to read the lyrics. I’ve loved this song ever since the first time that I heard it, which was when … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the song “The Love of God”, which was written by Frederick Lehman. The song talked about how the love of God reaches to the deepest hell, and so I wondered if Lehman was a … Continue reading
Here are a few thoughts, before I go outside to enjoy this beautiful day: 1. I watched America last night. You know, there are some settings in which I actually like Rosie O’Donnell. I couldn’t stand her on the View … Continue reading