Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- The Death Penalty
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
- Angels in Romans 8:28 and Matthew Barrett’s Canon, Covenant and Christology
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
Category Archives: Love of God
R.I. Willroth. Absolute Love. Bloomington: WestBow Press, 2011. See here to buy the book. The message of this book is one that you will find in a number of Christian books: that God is love, and only in a relationship … Continue reading
John C. Peckham. The Love of God: A Canonical Model. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John C. Peckham teaches theology and Christian philosophy at Andrews University, which is a Seventh-Day Adventist university. His book, … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor’s sermon was about God being a God of relationship. The pastor said that God was sufficient in himself, but God’s love overflowed, as God created human beings to have a loving relationship with them. … Continue reading
The December 11, 2012 devotion in Our Daily Bread stood out to me. It’s by Randy Kilgore, and it started out as follows: “Some years back, another man and I were reading together Matthew 26 about Jesus in the Garden … Continue reading
This will be another post on the Christian movie Fireproof. The last post that I wrote about this movie was in November. The movie is about a firefighter named Caleb who tries to save his marriage. It’s a daunting task … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the song “Pass It On”. Click here to listen to the song and also to read the lyrics. I’ve loved this song ever since the first time that I heard it, which was when … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the song “The Love of God”, which was written by Frederick Lehman. The song talked about how the love of God reaches to the deepest hell, and so I wondered if Lehman was a … Continue reading
Here are a few thoughts, before I go outside to enjoy this beautiful day: 1. I watched America last night. You know, there are some settings in which I actually like Rosie O’Donnell. I couldn’t stand her on the View … Continue reading