Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- An Aspie Catholic
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: Lost
Temptation and Spiritual Warfare (with LOST, the Bible, and the Testament of Solomon Thrown Into the Mix)
I am plowing through a 1000-page book on the New Testament, so I won’t be writing any book reviews for at least a week. In this post, I want to write about a scene in the Testament of Solomon, which … Continue reading
I watched the Disney movie Frozen last week, since the TV series Once Upon a Time is focusing on the Frozen characters this season. Watching Frozen certainly enhanced my appreciation of last Sunday’s episode! I understood why Anna was going … Continue reading
The December 2 entry for Oswald Chambers’ My Utmost for His Highest stood out to me when I read it, particularly one line: Chambers’ statement that “The emphasis of holiness movements is apt to be that God is producing specimens … Continue reading
I’m a Highway to Heaven fan. I watched it regularly when I was a kid coming home from school, and I own the first three seasons as an adult. (Unfortunately, A&E only released the first three seasons.) One character I’ve … Continue reading
I watched part of ABC’s GCB last night. GCB is based on the book Good Christian Bitches. There are Christians who are screaming “persecution” in response to this show. Some have glibly stated that there would be an outcry if … Continue reading
Today, I’ll take a break from writing about David Marshall’s Jesus and the Religions of Man, and instead I will write about Terra Nova, a show that is on Monday nights, on Fox. The two-hour season finale of Terra Nova … Continue reading
I’m still reading Stephen King’s Lisey Story, but there’s a good chance that I will finish it tonight or tomorrow. I’m finding that there area few holes in my understanding of the plot. For instance, what is Scott Landon’s “long … Continue reading
On page 325 of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition, Fran thinks the following: “If the system of authority had temporarily broken down, they would just have to find the scattered others and re-form it. It didn’t … Continue reading
In my reading today of Gaia and God, Rosemary Ruether talks about the view that cultures long ago were matriarchal, until a patriarchal horde came in and imposed patriarchy. Ruether, a feminist, actually doesn’t find the evidence for that tale … Continue reading