Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Eusebius and the Law
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Ishmael on Hagar's Back
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
Category Archives: Little House
I watched the Little House on the Prairie episode “Faith Healer” last night. What’s ironic is that Nick Norelli had a post this morning about how he used to judge people as not having enough faith if they were not … Continue reading
I finished Louis Newman’s The Sanctity of the Seventh Year: A Study of Mishnah Tractate Shebiit. A topic in my reading today was the cancellation of debts every seven years (Deuteronomy 15:1-3). The rabbinic policy was that this applied to … Continue reading
In Stephen King’s IT, Ben Hanscom has a crush on Beverly Marsh, but, while she likes Ben as a friend, she loves Bill Denbrough. After the Losers’ Club gives IT a temporary setback in an old house, Ben observes that … Continue reading
I just watched the Little House on the Prairie episode from Season 5, “Someone Please Love Me”, and I read that it is similar to a Bonanza episode that Michael Landon wrote, “A Dream to Dream.” I am watching the … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time today, I will blog about Psalm 30 and its interpreters. I have three points: 1. The Psalm is about God delivering the Psalmist from death. There are different ideas about the setting of this Psalm. … Continue reading
At church this morning, the sermon was good. It was about loneliness, and how Jesus Christ lives inside of us. As the hymn by the Gaithers goes: “Because he lives, I can face tomorrow. Because he lives, all fear is … Continue reading
I’ve been watching Father Murphy, a show in the 1980’s that was created by Michael Landon. The following episode is entitled “In God’s Arms”, and it is my favorite episode thus far. It’s about a priest named Joe, who loses … Continue reading
Actress Patricia Neal passed away. Her first movie was with Ronald Reagan. She was also in Face in the Crowd, alongside Andy Griffith and Walter Matthau. (One line I vaguely remember from that, from a conservative politician whom Andy Griffith … Continue reading
The Union’s Dark Side; Culture and the Bible; Ecology; Cutting Corners; Destiny; Philonic Midrash; Lena Horne
1. Samuel C. Hyde, Jr., Pistols and Politics: The Dilemma of Democracy in Louisiana’s Florida Parishes, 1810-1899, page 112: Hoping to exploit the demoralized condition of the local residents and the few Confederate troops in the area, the Federals moved … Continue reading
In this post, I’d like to look at the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31, and comment about whether or not Betty Friedan (and, in a few cases, Phyllis Schlafly) would approve of her. I’ll paste the NIV, then I’ll comment … Continue reading