June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Lee Harmon
John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
For my blog post today on Lee Harmon’s Revelation: The Way It Happened, I will focus on Lee’s argument that the Jewish rebel John of Gischala was the John who wrote the Book of Revelation, and that this John had … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Lee Harmon, Religion Comments Off on John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
Daniel 9:24-27, and the Hardest Passage in Lee Harmon’s Book
In my blog post today on Lee Harmon’s Revelation: The Way It Happened, I’ll be talking about the most difficult passage in Lee’s book. I’ll use as my starting-point Daniel 9:24-27. That passage says the following (according to the King … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daniel, Lee Harmon, Religion 1 Comment
Lee Harmon on the Two Witnesses
In my post today about Lee Harmon’s Revelation: The Way It Happened, I’ll be talking about Lee’s discussion about the two witnesses of Revelation 11. Who are the two witnesses? In Revelation 11:3-13, we read the following about them (and … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Lee Harmon, Religion 1 Comment
Was Jonah Dead? Was Jesus Taking Away Dionysus’ Glory?
My church is going through John’s Gospel: Wisdom from Ephesus With Michael Card for its weekly Bible study. Two things stood out to me at last night’s meeting. 1. A group of us was talking about the topic of Jesus … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Religion Tagged going to hell, great fish, near death experience, Religion, theology, water into wine 1 Comment
John and John: Openness to Biblical Criticism
My church started a new Bible study last night. We’re going through John’s Gospel: Wisdom from Ephesus, with Michael Card. What impressed me most last night was the openness of people in the group, and Michael Card on the DVD, … Continue reading
John 20:17: Mary Magdalene and Jesus’ Ascension
In John 20:17, Jesus says to Mary Magdalene shortly after his resurrection: “Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your … Continue reading
A Random Tomb (Without a Stone and Guards)?
In my latest reading of John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon discusses the tomb in which Jesus was placed in the Gospel of John. Lee states the following on page 316: “John’s Gospel gives the impression that Jesus … Continue reading
What Kind of Jesus?
In my last post on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I mentioned Lee’s view that John was John of Gisclala, who was influential in a Jewish revolt against Rome that led to the destruction of the Temple … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Religion Tagged Futurist Eschatology, imminent eschatology, John of Giscala, Realized Eschatology Comments Off on What Kind of Jesus?
More on John and Realized Eschatology
In this post, I’ll write more about realized eschatology in the Gospel of John, as discussed in Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened. In my latest reading, key eschatological themes are said to be applied in John’s Gospel … Continue reading