Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Christmas Wish
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Book Write-Up: Fire from Heaven, by Harvey Cox
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Scattered Ramblings on Christians Leaving the Faith
- Book Write-Up: Walking on Water, by Madeleine L’Engle
- Book Write-Up: When the Son of Man Didn’t Come
- Book Write-Up: Hebrews, by Dr. Kathy Stewart
- Book Write-Up: A Man Attested by God, by J.R. Daniel Kirk
- Book Write-Up: Waves of Mercy, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: The Rise of the Prophet
- Sowing, Reaping, and Reciprocation
- Book Write-Up: Discovering the Septuagint
- Book Write-Up: The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life, by Jeremy Pierre
Category Archives: Judiciary
Jay Sekulow of the conservative American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) claims that Judge Sotomayor is strict on the separation of church and state, meaning she would’ve voted against allowing the display of the Ten Commandments on public property … Continue reading
Today, President Obama is announcing his selection of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Judge Sotomayor has a compelling story. According to the AP (see here): Sotomayor is a self-described “Newyorkrican” who grew up in a Bronx housing project … Continue reading
M.B. Lerner, “The Tractate Avot,” Literature of the Sages: First Part, ed. Shmuel Safrai (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1987) 273. In the Mishnah, the tractate Avot (“fathers”) appears in the division Nezikin (“damages”). Avot concerns such issues as oral Torah, ethics, and … Continue reading
NPR has an excellent story today, NRA Seeks to Overturn Handgun Bans Beyond D.C. San Francisco has a ban on handguns in public housing, and that negatively affects a gay man, who owns a gun to protect himself from hate … Continue reading
According to a recent Justice Department audit, the department deliberately rejected liberal or Democratic applicants because of their political positions. For the Justice Department, this kind of hiring practice is against the law, since it’s supposed to be politically independent. … Continue reading
In my debates with liberals on gun control, they often point out that the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, meaning that the government can and should place limits on it. Barack Obama actually said this … Continue reading