Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- The Christmas Wish
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Carr-trauma, atonement, and the Jesus Jews
- Book Write-Up: The Miracle Worker and the Misfits
- Fictional Characters Who Appear Even in Historical Literature
- Carr- the crystalization of the Bible
- Why are rural areas right wing and urban areas left wing?
- Book Write-Up: Dynamics of Muslim Worlds
- Carr-Ezra, puritanism, and resilience
- The History and Context of the Second Amendment
- Church Write-Up: Home
- A Quick Report on Robert Jenson’s Bultmannesque Demythologized Account of the Resurrection — The Evangelical Calvinist
Category Archives: Judiciary
Jay Sekulow of the conservative American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) claims that Judge Sotomayor is strict on the separation of church and state, meaning she would’ve voted against allowing the display of the Ten Commandments on public property … Continue reading
Today, President Obama is announcing his selection of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Judge Sotomayor has a compelling story. According to the AP (see here): Sotomayor is a self-described “Newyorkrican” who grew up in a Bronx housing project … Continue reading
M.B. Lerner, “The Tractate Avot,” Literature of the Sages: First Part, ed. Shmuel Safrai (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1987) 273. In the Mishnah, the tractate Avot (“fathers”) appears in the division Nezikin (“damages”). Avot concerns such issues as oral Torah, ethics, and … Continue reading
NPR has an excellent story today, NRA Seeks to Overturn Handgun Bans Beyond D.C. San Francisco has a ban on handguns in public housing, and that negatively affects a gay man, who owns a gun to protect himself from hate … Continue reading
According to a recent Justice Department audit, the department deliberately rejected liberal or Democratic applicants because of their political positions. For the Justice Department, this kind of hiring practice is against the law, since it’s supposed to be politically independent. … Continue reading
In my debates with liberals on gun control, they often point out that the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, meaning that the government can and should place limits on it. Barack Obama actually said this … Continue reading