Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened
For my write-up today on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I’ll use as my starting-point something that I wrote in a post a while back, when I was blogging through volume 4 of John Meier’s A Marginal … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I learned about the view that the Nicodemus of John’s Gospel appears in Josephus and the Talmud. Lee refers to Josephus’ Jewish War 2.451, Babylonian Talmud Taanit … Continue reading
In John 1:29, John the Baptist says that Jesus is the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. (I draw here from the KJV.) This passage has long puzzled me. Did John the Baptist believe that … Continue reading
I started Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened. I’d like to thank Lee for sending me my Advanced Reader Copy. This book is a sequel to another book that Lee wrote, Revelation: The Way It Happened. I have … Continue reading