Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Where Were You During Apartheid?"
- The Desperate Housewives Finale
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- President Nixon's Psychiatric Profile 1
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- The Accused
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: The Touchpoint, by Bob Santos
- Derek Leman on “No Other Name” (Acts 4:12)
- Book Write-Up: An Amish Harvest
- Humility and Limitations
- Book Write-Up: Between Pain & Grace
- Book Write-Up: Genesis Revisited
- Book Write-Up: How Jesus Saves the World from Us
- Book Write-Up: A Doubter’s Guide to the Ten Commandments
- Book Write-Up: A Little Handbook for Preachers
- Book Write-Up: What Christians Ought to Believe
Category Archives: I Kings
Psalm 122 is about going to Jerusalem, as well as desiring Jerusalem’s prosperity and peace. Last week, I shared songs about Psalm 121. This week, allow me to share this song, which is about the first line of Psalm 122: … Continue reading
I was reading through blogger and pastor Morgan Guyton’s archives yesterday. There’s usually something in his posts that really resonates with me, whether or not I agree with everything he’s saying. It’s like he has had many of the same … Continue reading
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 167: Keep a log book of common expressions and conversational patterns. For example, if you keep hearing people say, “She’s having a bad hair day!” or “He’s ill!” write … Continue reading
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 27: Some autistic people have difficulty managing all the tasks that go into maintaining a home. What has to be done first? Where do you begin? What are … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I studied I Kings 20. King Ben-Hadad of Syria, his army, and thirty-two kings have besieged and attacked Samaria, the capital of Northern Israel. Ben-Hadad lays claim to the wives, children, silver, and gold … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time, I studied I Kings 19. Queen Jezebel of Northern Israel has threatened to kill Elijah, for he has just led Israel to the LORD and has slaughtered the prophets of Baal. Elijah then flees all the way from … Continue reading