Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Category Archives: I Kings
Psalm 122 is about going to Jerusalem, as well as desiring Jerusalem’s prosperity and peace. Last week, I shared songs about Psalm 121. This week, allow me to share this song, which is about the first line of Psalm 122: … Continue reading
I was reading through blogger and pastor Morgan Guyton’s archives yesterday. There’s usually something in his posts that really resonates with me, whether or not I agree with everything he’s saying. It’s like he has had many of the same … Continue reading
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 167: Keep a log book of common expressions and conversational patterns. For example, if you keep hearing people say, “She’s having a bad hair day!” or “He’s ill!” write … Continue reading
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 27: Some autistic people have difficulty managing all the tasks that go into maintaining a home. What has to be done first? Where do you begin? What are … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I studied I Kings 20. King Ben-Hadad of Syria, his army, and thirty-two kings have besieged and attacked Samaria, the capital of Northern Israel. Ben-Hadad lays claim to the wives, children, silver, and gold … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time, I studied I Kings 19. Queen Jezebel of Northern Israel has threatened to kill Elijah, for he has just led Israel to the LORD and has slaughtered the prophets of Baal. Elijah then flees all the way from … Continue reading