Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Julie Nixon Eisenhower's Pat Nixon: The Untold Story 6
- About Me
- Moses' Uncircumcised Lips, Emotional Yet Recited Prayer
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Silent Scream, and Planned Parenthood's Response
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- I Chronicles 18
- Interesting Discussions in Christine Hayes' Gentile Impurities and Jewish Identities
- Resentment and Persevering Love
- Sunday Quote: Activist Jean Vanier on loneliness and the revolt against injustice
- Book Write-Up: One Church, Many Tribes, by Richard Twiss
- Book Write-Up: Keynes Hayek, by Nicholas Wapshott
- A Sinister Pious Fraud?
- Listening, Sharing, and Desiring Good for Oneself and Others
- Book Write-Up: God’s Other Children, by Bradley Malkovsky
- Cook-mythic annihilation
- Talking Like Evangelicals? Being Like Evangelicals?
- Book Write-Up: The Age of Atheists, by Peter Watson
Category Archives: Homosexuality
I was watching the movie Prayers for Bobby yesterday. It’s about a Christian fundamentalist mom, Mary Griffith (played by Sigourney Weaver), whose son was gay and committed suicide. After her son’s death, Mary visits the local Metropolitan Community Church, which … Continue reading
Louis Crompton. Homosexuality and Civilization. The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2003. I learned of this book from Kevin Brown’s Diglotting blog. Kevin was discussing his summer reading plans, and he said the following about Crompton’s Homosexuality and Civilization: … Continue reading
Yesterday, I was watching a debate between Christian apologist James White and Barry Lynn, a lawyer, United Church of Christ pastor, and Executive Director of the Americans United for Separation of Church and State. The debate addressed the question, “Is … Continue reading
I’d like to offer my brief comments on the Phil Robertson controversy. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, see here and here. I don’t think that Phil Robertson is a bad guy. He prayed for a woman with … Continue reading
I’ve been watching the first season of The Newsroom. It is on HBO, and it was created and is largely written by Aaron Sorkin, who gave us The West Wing. The Newsroom is about a news program, which is anchored … Continue reading
I read an interesting article yesterday in Christianity Today about the demise of Exodus International, an evangelical group that tried to help homosexuals to overcome their homosexuality. The authors had been involved in Exodus International. One of the authors, Christopher … Continue reading