October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart's Thought
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Unrealistic Chris Rock, Tim Lahaye, and Jerry Jenkins
- Dennis Kiszonas (Dispensationalist) on Matthew 25:35-40 ("I Was Hungry...")
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Hinduism
Leanna Cinquanta. Treasures in Dark Places: One Woman, A Supernatural Mission and a Mission to the Toughest Part of India. Minneapolis: Chosen Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Treasures in Dark Places is Leanna Cinquanta’s story of how … Continue reading
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. The Bhagavad Gita As It Is. Second Edition: Revised and Enlarged. The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, 1983. I was reading The Bhagavad Gita As It Is for my daily devotion over the past few months. I was … Continue reading
At church last week, the pastor preached about being filled with the Holy Spirit. I am in a bit of a hurry, so here are some thoughts: A. The pastor was saying that a barrier many Christians have when it … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about the Holy Spirit. Here are some items: A. The pastor said that the Holy Spirit is a person, but that many Christians do not talk as if he is a person. Rather, … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I watched the service at home, since there were forecasts of heavy winds and rains. The pastor was preaching about the Epistle to the Hebrews, specifically its admonitions to the Jewish Christians to stay in the … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was saying that Jesus did not water down his message to make people comfortable. Jesus said that either you are with him, or you’re against him. There is no “I suppose so” or middle … Continue reading
At church last week, the pastor was talking about the second coming of Christ. He focused on Matthew 24:36-39, which states (in the KJV): “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but … Continue reading
Paul Pathickal. Christ and the Hindu Diaspora. Bloomington: WestBow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. In Christ and the Hindu Diaspora, Paul Pathickal discusses ways that evangelical Christians can share the Gospel with Hindus in the Diaspora. Pathickal … Continue reading
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading