Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- To Contact Me
- Student and Scholar Spotlight: Dr. Douglas Boin
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Book Write-Up: From Paradise to the Promised Land
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Booker T. Washington's Approach in a Nut-Shell
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
- Angels in Romans 8:28 and Matthew Barrett’s Canon, Covenant and Christology
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
Category Archives: Hinduism
Leanna Cinquanta. Treasures in Dark Places: One Woman, A Supernatural Mission and a Mission to the Toughest Part of India. Minneapolis: Chosen Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Treasures in Dark Places is Leanna Cinquanta’s story of how … Continue reading
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. The Bhagavad Gita As It Is. Second Edition: Revised and Enlarged. The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, 1983. I was reading The Bhagavad Gita As It Is for my daily devotion over the past few months. I was … Continue reading
At church last week, the pastor preached about being filled with the Holy Spirit. I am in a bit of a hurry, so here are some thoughts: A. The pastor was saying that a barrier many Christians have when it … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about the Holy Spirit. Here are some items: A. The pastor said that the Holy Spirit is a person, but that many Christians do not talk as if he is a person. Rather, … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I watched the service at home, since there were forecasts of heavy winds and rains. The pastor was preaching about the Epistle to the Hebrews, specifically its admonitions to the Jewish Christians to stay in the … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor was saying that Jesus did not water down his message to make people comfortable. Jesus said that either you are with him, or you’re against him. There is no “I suppose so” or middle … Continue reading
At church last week, the pastor was talking about the second coming of Christ. He focused on Matthew 24:36-39, which states (in the KJV): “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but … Continue reading
Paul Pathickal. Christ and the Hindu Diaspora. Bloomington: WestBow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. In Christ and the Hindu Diaspora, Paul Pathickal discusses ways that evangelical Christians can share the Gospel with Hindus in the Diaspora. Pathickal … Continue reading
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading