May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Highway to Heaven
Where Is the Missing Dollar?
I was recently watching the Highway to Heaven episode “It’s a Dog’s Life.” Near the beginning of that episode, Jonathan gives Mark a mathematical riddle. The riddle has shown up in other places than that Highway to Heaven episode. As … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Life, School, Television Comments Off on Where Is the Missing Dollar?
Reinventing Richard Nixon 5
On page 126 of Reinventing Richard Nixon: A Cultural History of an American Obsession, Daniel Frick states: “In the first months of 1991, when the United States led a UN coalition of forces to free Kuwait from an invading Iraqi … Continue reading
Posted in George W. Bush, Highway to Heaven, History, Life, Television Comments Off on Reinventing Richard Nixon 5
I just learned that actor William Windom passed on last week. Of course, he’s known as Commodore Decker on the Star Trek episode, “The Doomsday Machine”. That’s one of my Dad’s favorite episodes (we called it “the tube one”), but … Continue reading
Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
I’m a Highway to Heaven fan. I watched it regularly when I was a kid coming home from school, and I own the first three seasons as an adult. (Unfortunately, A&E only released the first three seasons.) One character I’ve … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Life, Lost, Michael Landon, Television Tagged celebrities, entertainment, ernest borgnine, heaven fan, margie impert 2 Comments
Abiding and Answered Prayer
At church this morning, the theme was prayer. The pastor was commenting on John 15:7, which states (in the KJV): “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Highway to Heaven, Movies, Prayer, Religion, Television Tagged abiding in christ, compassion, kjv, Religion, spiritual condition, spirituality Comments Off on Abiding and Answered Prayer
When God Gives the “Stuff”
I was watching the pilot to Highway to Heaven last night, while studying, of course. Something has confused me on a lot of episodes. Jonathan (the angel, played by Michael Landon) has said on more than one occasion that God … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Michael Landon, Television Comments Off on When God Gives the “Stuff”
I just read that actor Leslie Nielsen has passed away. This is ironic, for a few days ago I watched the Highway to Heaven episode in which he played a corrupt rich man who got shot. Jonathan and Mark show … Continue reading
Posted in Deaths, Highway to Heaven, Television Comments Off on Leslie Nielsen
Father Murphy: In God’s Arms
I’ve been watching Father Murphy, a show in the 1980’s that was created by Michael Landon. The following episode is entitled “In God’s Arms”, and it is my favorite episode thus far. It’s about a priest named Joe, who loses … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Little House, Michael Landon, Television Comments Off on Father Murphy: In God’s Arms
Inspiration from the West Wing, Highway to Heaven, and John Adams
My blog posts this week have been rather perfunctory, largely because I’m tired when I come home from work! But, believe it or not, I have been inspired by some things this week. Here are three things that I saw … Continue reading
Posted in Highway to Heaven, Michael Landon, Television, West Wing Comments Off on Inspiration from the West Wing, Highway to Heaven, and John Adams
Judging; James Troesch Marathon; Fluent Prayers?; Written Prophecies; Macho Brand; Parallelism; Moishe Rosen
1. William P. Young, The Shack, page 203: “Is that why we like law so much—to give us some control?” asked Mack. “It is much worse than that,” resumed Sarayu. “It grants you the power to judge others and feel … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Deaths, Highway to Heaven, John MacArthur, Life, Rabbinics, Religion, Television Comments Off on Judging; James Troesch Marathon; Fluent Prayers?; Written Prophecies; Macho Brand; Parallelism; Moishe Rosen