Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Waltons: The Actress
- Jonathan Edwards (and the Puritans) in High School
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- John of Gischala vs. Josephus, and the Book of Revelation
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Current Events Write-Up: Premiums and Cancer Patients, Prophet Johnson on Trump, the UN, MLK on Planned Parenthood, and the Other Gettysburg Address
- Don’t Leave Home: A Discussion Of Presidential Farewell Addresses
- Church Write-Up: Church Is About Jesus
- Book Write-Up: Amish Weddings, by Leslie Gould
- Moltmann, Irenaeus, and Augustine on Theodicy
- Nyssa: The Recovery Must Fit the Disease: (Or, Not Everyone Is A Youth Group Refugee)
- The Problem of Christian Float
- A Design For American Health Care
- Book Review: ‘Protestant Metaphysics after Karl Barth and Martin Heidegger’, by Timothy Stanley
- Current Events Write-Up: Pharmaceuticals, Barack Obama’s Departure, a Three-State Solution, Patricia Heaton, Anne Frank, Etc.
Category Archives: Free Style Entry
Yesterday, I saw Knowing, which starred Nicholas Cage. Knowing is a science fiction movie. At its beginning, we’re in the 1950’s, and we meet an odd little girl named Lucinda, whose special idea is selected by her school. Her idea … Continue reading
Last night, I watched Lost, Criminal Mind, and the new ABC series, The Unusuals. 1. Last night’s lost was about the judgment of Ben Linus, who had some humanity within him when he refused to kill Alex Rousseau. Over the … Continue reading
I celebrated the Lord’s supper yesterday, the night before Passover. Within Armstrongite circles, there is a tradition that we read John 14-17 during the Lord’s supper. I’m not an Armstrongite anymore, but I like to read these chapters every year, … Continue reading
For my daily quiet time yesterday, I read Matthew 17:24-27. The passage addresses the issue of whether or not Jesus’ disciples must pay the temple tax. Jesus says “no,” since the sons of the king do not pay taxes; rather, … Continue reading
I watched House, M.D. with my dad last night. This was the first time that I had ever watched the show. I’m not sure if I’ll watch it regularly when I return to Cincinnati, but I liked that particular episode. … Continue reading
Today is Earth Day, so I’ll be sharing my thoughts about environmentalism, however scattered they may be. If my memory is correct, I first heard of Earth Day when I was in seventh grade. My mom and grandma owned a … Continue reading