Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Stephen King's Method in IT
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Book Write-Up: Our Deepest Desires
- The Audience of Hebrews
- Early Textual Transmission of Christian Texts
- Murphy-O’Connor-back-and-forth with Corinth
- Book Write-Up: Institutional Intelligence
- EerdWord: Steward of God’s Mysteries
- Church Write-Up: The Law and Eternal Life
- What is Brotherly Love? (1 Thessalonians 4:9–10)
- Forgiveness…Once Again, by Paul D. Adams
- Murphy-O’Connor-Colossians: authentic and early
Category Archives: Free Style Entry
Yesterday, I saw Knowing, which starred Nicholas Cage. Knowing is a science fiction movie. At its beginning, we’re in the 1950’s, and we meet an odd little girl named Lucinda, whose special idea is selected by her school. Her idea … Continue reading
Last night, I watched Lost, Criminal Mind, and the new ABC series, The Unusuals. 1. Last night’s lost was about the judgment of Ben Linus, who had some humanity within him when he refused to kill Alex Rousseau. Over the … Continue reading
I celebrated the Lord’s supper yesterday, the night before Passover. Within Armstrongite circles, there is a tradition that we read John 14-17 during the Lord’s supper. I’m not an Armstrongite anymore, but I like to read these chapters every year, … Continue reading
For my daily quiet time yesterday, I read Matthew 17:24-27. The passage addresses the issue of whether or not Jesus’ disciples must pay the temple tax. Jesus says “no,” since the sons of the king do not pay taxes; rather, … Continue reading
I watched House, M.D. with my dad last night. This was the first time that I had ever watched the show. I’m not sure if I’ll watch it regularly when I return to Cincinnati, but I liked that particular episode. … Continue reading
Today is Earth Day, so I’ll be sharing my thoughts about environmentalism, however scattered they may be. If my memory is correct, I first heard of Earth Day when I was in seventh grade. My mom and grandma owned a … Continue reading