Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Steve Foss' Prophetic Warning
- Book Write-Up: The Other Worldview, by Peter Jones
- Angels in Romans 8:28 and Matthew Barrett’s Canon, Covenant and Christology
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
- Church Write-Up about Romans 5-6, Tension, and Witnessing, and Book Write-Up about the IVP Reformation Commentary on Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
Category Archives: Esther
For my write-up today on Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, I’ll use as my starting-point something that James David Audlin says on page 134: “When the chiefs of the Hodenasaunee (Iroquois Confederacy) responded to the ‘Founding … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Ari Goldman’s The Search for God at Harvard, I’ll talk some about Goldman’s chapter on Hinduism. Goldman opens this chapter with a conversation between a Hindu teacher and his pupil. The pupil repeatedly asks how … Continue reading
In my latest reading of John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon makes an interesting point about the story of Jesus multiplying the loaves and the fishes in John 6. According to Lee, Jesus and the people were eating … Continue reading
My church started its Fall Bible study yesterday. We’re going through A Fragile Stone, Peter: Jesus’ Friend. I’m having a hard time writing today. Maybe it’s because I’m tired after seeing Barack Obama do so poorly in last night’s debate. … Continue reading
I just listened to a Mark Driscoll sermon, and, much to my surprise, I actually liked it. That doesn’t mean that I agreed with everything that he said or how he said it, but overall, I found it encouraging, for … Continue reading
Joe Biden reminds me of Solomon, whereas I associate Sarah Palin with Ruth, or maybe Esther. Let me explain. I realize that comparing Joe Biden to Solomon is problematic, since Biden doesn’t always think before he speaks, violating several Solomonic … Continue reading