January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Category Archives: Eli Stone
I just saw Milk. Remember–I get a discount on Tuesdays! I had a long day, so I’m not going to write about the ins-and-outs of my reaction to the movie. To be honest, I’m still not sure what all of … Continue reading
I just watched the last episode of Eli Stone, and I am not a happy camper! It’s about a church that fired a minister for being transgendered. Here’s the part that makes me mad: the church got sued for that! … Continue reading
Many evangelicals believe that Christians shouldn’t date or marry non-Christians. They call this being “unequally yoked.” Touched by an Angel did an episode on this topic, which starred Wynonna Judd. Wynonna was a God-believer, and she was about to marry … Continue reading
I just watched the Nova program on the Bible’s Buried Secrets. It had on a few scholars whom I saw or met in Israel. In terms of its perspective, it pretty much followed William Dever’s ideology: minimalist on the Exodus … Continue reading
Last night was the season premier of Eli Stone. As viewers know, Eli Stone is a lawyer at a huge law firm–the type that defends the rich oppressors and exploiters of humanity. But God gave him a tumor that makes … Continue reading
Today is the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles. If you want to read my reflections on last year’s feast, see Feast of Tabernacles 2007. The first day of the Feast of Tabernacles is a Sabbath. Ordinarily, I do … Continue reading
I know it’s late, but I want to comment on the season finale of Eli Stone. One of the subplots went like this: Toby from The West Wing (only, here, his name wasn’t “Toby”) came to Eli and wanted his … Continue reading