December 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Desperate Housewives: Bree's Faith Life
- Isaiah and the Inviolability of Zion
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Dissertation Write-Ups: Circumcised Gentile Christians, Sabbath as Sanctuary, John's High Christology
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Community
At church this morning, I enjoyed reading the lyrics of the hymn, “I Come with Joy”, which we sang for communion. Here are two stanzas that particularly stood out to me, along with my comments. “As Christ breaks bread and … Continue reading
I got a lot read of M. Scott Peck’s The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace. A significant part of this book overlaps with Peck’s Further Along the World Less Traveled, in the sense that Peck discusses the four spiritual … Continue reading
At church this morning, an issue that was swimming through my mind was individualism and community. The hymns that we sang this morning largely seemed to focus on the individual’s relationship with God. God loves me. God has forgiven me. … Continue reading
Bryan’s post, Gordon Fee: “The New Testament Does Not Understand Individualistic Christianity” , has inspired me to post this article from Helium that I wrote. It has consistently received high ratings, and that blesses me. Hopefully, my problems can cease … Continue reading