Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- About Me
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Romans 14, Worship and the World to Come
- Romans 13 and Approaching the Atonement
- Romans 12:1-2
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
Category Archives: Community
At church this morning, I enjoyed reading the lyrics of the hymn, “I Come with Joy”, which we sang for communion. Here are two stanzas that particularly stood out to me, along with my comments. “As Christ breaks bread and … Continue reading
I got a lot read of M. Scott Peck’s The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace. A significant part of this book overlaps with Peck’s Further Along the World Less Traveled, in the sense that Peck discusses the four spiritual … Continue reading
At church this morning, an issue that was swimming through my mind was individualism and community. The hymns that we sang this morning largely seemed to focus on the individual’s relationship with God. God loves me. God has forgiven me. … Continue reading
Bryan’s post, Gordon Fee: “The New Testament Does Not Understand Individualistic Christianity” , has inspired me to post this article from Helium that I wrote. It has consistently received high ratings, and that blesses me. Hopefully, my problems can cease … Continue reading