Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- Gratitude and Robinson Crusoe
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Book Write-Up: Seeking Refuge
- Thoughts about the opposition to Paul
- Real Christianity by William Wilberforce, book review
- Sometimes Eternity Ain’t Forever: Aiónios and the Universalist Hope
- Jews, Kurds, and a weird coincidence
- Church Write-Up: Finding One’s Calling
- Second Peter
- Book Write-Up: Answering the Toughest Questions about Suffering and Evil
- Book Write-Up: City of God, by Augustine
- Indoctrination or exploration?
Category Archives: Calvinism
Richard A. Muller. Divine Will and Human Choice: Freedom, Contingency, and Necessity in Early Modern Reformed Thought. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. I will quote the description of the book on Amazon, then I … Continue reading
A.W. Tozer. The Attributes of God: Volume 2: Deeper Into the Father’s Heart. Chicago: WingSpread Publishers (an imprint of Moody Publishers), 2015. See here to purchase the book. A.W. Tozer was a pastor and Christian author who lived from 1897 … Continue reading
Jeremy Pierre. The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life: Connecting Christ to Human Experience. Greensboro, NC: New Growth Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Jeremy Pierre teaches biblical counseling at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he is also the … Continue reading
David E. Alexander and Daniel M. Johnson, ed. Calvinism and the Problem of Evil. Eugene: Pickwick Publications (an Imprint of Wipf and Stock), 2016. See here to purchase the book. Calvinism is a Christian belief system that holds that God, … Continue reading
Geerhardus Vos. Reformed Dogmatics, Volume One: Theology Proper. Translated and edited by Richard B. Gaffin, Jr, with Kim Batteau, Annemie Godbehere, and Roelof von Ijken. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012-2014. See here to purchase the book. Geerhardus Vos lived from … Continue reading
Abraham Kuyper. Common Grace: God’s Gifts for a Fallen World. Volume I: The Historical Section. Ed. Jordan J. Ballor and Stephen J. Grabill. Transl. Nelson D. Kloosterman and Ed M. van der Maas. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016. See here … Continue reading
Brian W. Thomas. Wittenberg vs. Geneva: A Biblical Bout in Seven Rounds on the Doctrines that Divide. Irvine, CA: New Reformation Publications, 2015. See here to buy the book. I have long wondered what exactly the difference is between Lutheranism … Continue reading