September 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Calvinism
Guillaume Bignon. Excusing Sinners and Blaming God: A Calvinist Assessment of Determinism, Moral Responsibility, and Divine Involvement in Evil. Pickwick, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Guillaume Bignon is a French analytic philosopher and computer scientist. He used to … Continue reading
Richard A. Muller. Divine Will and Human Choice: Freedom, Contingency, and Necessity in Early Modern Reformed Thought. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. I will quote the description of the book on Amazon, then I … Continue reading
A.W. Tozer. The Attributes of God: Volume 2: Deeper Into the Father’s Heart. Chicago: WingSpread Publishers (an imprint of Moody Publishers), 2015. See here to purchase the book. A.W. Tozer was a pastor and Christian author who lived from 1897 … Continue reading
Jeremy Pierre. The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life: Connecting Christ to Human Experience. Greensboro, NC: New Growth Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Jeremy Pierre teaches biblical counseling at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he is also the … Continue reading
David E. Alexander and Daniel M. Johnson, ed. Calvinism and the Problem of Evil. Eugene: Pickwick Publications (an Imprint of Wipf and Stock), 2016. See here to purchase the book. Calvinism is a Christian belief system that holds that God, … Continue reading
Geerhardus Vos. Reformed Dogmatics, Volume One: Theology Proper. Translated and edited by Richard B. Gaffin, Jr, with Kim Batteau, Annemie Godbehere, and Roelof von Ijken. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012-2014. See here to purchase the book. Geerhardus Vos lived from … Continue reading
Abraham Kuyper. Common Grace: God’s Gifts for a Fallen World. Volume I: The Historical Section. Ed. Jordan J. Ballor and Stephen J. Grabill. Transl. Nelson D. Kloosterman and Ed M. van der Maas. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016. See here … Continue reading
Brian W. Thomas. Wittenberg vs. Geneva: A Biblical Bout in Seven Rounds on the Doctrines that Divide. Irvine, CA: New Reformation Publications, 2015. See here to buy the book. I have long wondered what exactly the difference is between Lutheranism … Continue reading
A. Chadwick Thornhill. The Chosen People: Election, Paul and Second Temple Judaism. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In the New Testament, there is talk about election and God choosing people before the foundation of … Continue reading
Jonathan Jones II. A Graceful Uprising: How Grace Changes Everything. Dallas: Start2Finish Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. A Graceful Uprising is about God’s grace, and it focuses on Paul’s Epistle to the Romans. In terms of uniqueness, … Continue reading