May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- Desperate Housewives: Bree's Faith Life
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Autism
Firefly, Jaynestown, and Grace
I’ve been watching the TV series Firefly, which was on for one season in 2002-2003. It is science fiction. Although it was only on for one season (plus a movie was made to wrap up the story), it gained a … Continue reading
Posted in Autism, Current Events, Firefly, Movies, Religion, Television Tagged ABC News, Adam Baldwin, Firefly, Jayne, Jaynestown, Movies, Saving Private Ryan, science fiction, Shepherd Book, Television Comments Off on Firefly, Jaynestown, and Grace
This Aspie’s Response to The Imitation Game
A few months ago, a commenter told me about the 2014 movie, The Imitation Game, and asked me to evaluate its depiction of Asperger’s Syndrome. I saw the movie a few nights ago, and I am ready to chime in. … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's Syndrome, Autism, Life, Movies Tagged Alan Turing, Asperger's Syndrome, Joan Clark, The Imitation Game Comments Off on This Aspie’s Response to The Imitation Game
My Blog is 6!
Today is my blog’s sixth birthday! What I want to do in this post is to share with you my goals for this coming year of blogging, including my struggles over what some of my goals will be. My plan … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Autism, Black History Month, Books, Church, History, Introduction, Politics, Psalms, Race, Weekly Quiet Time, Women's History Month 2 Comments
Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 4
I have three items for my write-up today on Greg Mitchell’s Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady: Richard Nixon vs. Helen Gahagan Douglas—-Sexual Politics and the Red Scare, 1950. 1. When I was blogging through Irwin Gellman’s The Contender, I … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Autism, Communism, Life, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Greg Mitchell, Harry Truman, Helen Gahagan Douglas, Irwin Gellman, Mary Ellen Leary, Richard Nixon, Stephen Ambrose, Vito Marcantonio Comments Off on Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 4