Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- "Two Thousand Miles for a Five Minute Speech"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Jesus’s Theological Genealogies, Original Sin and the Fall, Enhancing Christian Life
- Why Unthankful?; the Vine Creates a Community; Romans 15-16; How to Read Daniel
Category Archives: Alcoholism
I have two items for my blog post today on Stephen Ambrose’s Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990. Both of them revolve around Nixon’s coping through Watergate. 1. On page 252, Ambrose gives his opinion about Nixon’s drinking: “Was drinking a … Continue reading
On page 286 of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin talks about attitudes to avoid when one wants to receive a vision: “If we decide in our own minds, ‘I am never going to … Continue reading
On pages 211-212 of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin talks about the importance of ceremony: “Among traditional peoples worldwide, the philosophy is, as one Grandmother put it to me: ‘Let everything you do … Continue reading
I have two items for today, both of them related to my daily quiet time in the Book of Numbers: 1. In Numbers 19, we see the law concerning the red heifer, whose ashes are mixed with water to purify … Continue reading