June 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Remarkable Life and Conversion of KFC Founder Colonel Sanders
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Desperate Housewives: Bree's Faith Life
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Abstinence
Here are some items from my latest reading of Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good. 1. Santorum does not support passing out condoms to teens in school, for he thinks that sends out a message … Continue reading
There was a lot of good stuff in my latest reading of Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good. Here are two items: 1. On Page 62, Santorum says: “…in many states, convicted felons can never … Continue reading
I’m taking books back to the library tomorrow, so I want to make some last minute comments about them. 1. Source: Tom Perrota, The Abstinence Teacher (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2007). For more information, see Hard-Headed Practical Wisdom. Ruth … Continue reading
Source: Tom Perrota, The Abstinence Teacher (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2007) 106, 141. On and off for the next few days, I’ll be commenting on my favorite passages from this book. Its author looks so familiar to me, but … Continue reading
I know it’s late, but I want to comment on the season finale of Eli Stone. One of the subplots went like this: Toby from The West Wing (only, here, his name wasn’t “Toby”) came to Eli and wanted his … Continue reading
I suppose that television has always been rather liberal. Dallas, for example, presented rich capitalists as a conniving bunch of people. On Thursday night, however, I felt that the liberalism got more blatant. I watch Eli Stone on Thursday nights. … Continue reading
I said that I would review today the studies of various states on abstinence-only sex education. That project would require me to read hundreds of pages, and I’m not in the mood to do that right now. I may postpone … Continue reading
I talked yesterday about some of the scholastic information about abstinence-only education, and I may expand on this sometime in the future, possibly this Saturday. Today, I would like to share my own personal experiences with sex education in public … Continue reading
The Associated Press has a story today entitled Report: Abstinence Programs Don’t Work. It was about a recent study conducted by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. The study concluded that “At present there does not exist … Continue reading