March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Abstinence
Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family 4
Here are some items from my latest reading of Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good. 1. Santorum does not support passing out condoms to teens in school, for he thinks that sends out a message … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, George W. Bush, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Comments Off on Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family 4
Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family 3
There was a lot of good stuff in my latest reading of Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good. Here are two items: 1. On Page 62, Santorum says: “…in many states, convicted felons can never … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, Candidates, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Rick Santorum’s It Takes a Family 3
Abstinence Teacher, Death Penalty
I’m taking books back to the library tomorrow, so I want to make some last minute comments about them. 1. Source: Tom Perrota, The Abstinence Teacher (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2007). For more information, see Hard-Headed Practical Wisdom. Ruth … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, Books, Lost, Politics, Religion, Television 2 Comments
Hard-Headed Practical Wisdom
Source: Tom Perrota, The Abstinence Teacher (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2007) 106, 141. On and off for the next few days, I’ll be commenting on my favorite passages from this book. Its author looks so familiar to me, but … Continue reading
Eli Stone: Turning a Motif On Its Head
I know it’s late, but I want to comment on the season finale of Eli Stone. One of the subplots went like this: Toby from The West Wing (only, here, his name wasn’t “Toby”) came to Eli and wanted his … Continue reading
Posted in 7th Heaven, Abstinence, Eli Stone, Movies, Religion, Television, Touched by an Angel, West Wing 3 Comments
Is TV Getting More Liberal?
I suppose that television has always been rather liberal. Dallas, for example, presented rich capitalists as a conniving bunch of people. On Thursday night, however, I felt that the liberalism got more blatant. I watch Eli Stone on Thursday nights. … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, Eli Stone, George W. Bush, Politics, Religion, Star Trek: Voyager, Television 12 Comments
Gov. G.W.Bush and Abstinence-Only Education
I said that I would review today the studies of various states on abstinence-only sex education. That project would require me to read hundreds of pages, and I’m not in the mood to do that right now. I may postpone … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, Current Events, George W. Bush, Politics 2 Comments
Public School Sex Education: My Experiences
I talked yesterday about some of the scholastic information about abstinence-only education, and I may expand on this sometime in the future, possibly this Saturday. Today, I would like to share my own personal experiences with sex education in public … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, Current Events, john birch society Comments Off on Public School Sex Education: My Experiences
Do Abstinence-Only Programs Work?
The Associated Press has a story today entitled Report: Abstinence Programs Don’t Work. It was about a recent study conducted by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. The study concluded that “At present there does not exist … Continue reading
Posted in Abstinence, Current Events, Politics Comments Off on Do Abstinence-Only Programs Work?