Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Dissertation Write-Ups: Circumcised Gentile Christians, Sabbath as Sanctuary, John's High Christology
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Monthly Archives: July 2020
Phyllis Schlafly and Chester Ward. The Gravediggers. Pere Marquette, 1964. This book was published in 1964, the year of conservative Republican Barry Goldwater’s campaign for the Presidency. Phyllis Schlafly considered it to be a companion to her landmark A Choice … Continue reading
My church’s Bible study went through Romans 2-3 this morning. A. Claudius Caesar expelled the Jews, including Jewish Christians, from Rome in 49 CE. The house churches in Rome were now composed wholly of Gentiles and were Gentile in flavor. … Continue reading
Phyllis Schlafly, ed. Pornography’s Victims. Crossway, 1987. In 1985-1986, Ronald Reagan’s Attorney General, Edwin Meese, conducted proceedings on the issue of pornography. This book is an edited volume of the testimony that was given at those proceedings. In sharing those … Continue reading
A. At church, we continued our series on Romans. The pastor talked about Romans 1-2. Paul in Romans 1-3 demonstrates that humans have nothing in their hands to offer to God and thus need Christ as their savior. Gentiles believe … Continue reading
Some items from church last Sunday: A. We started a class on Romans. In Romans 1:16, Paul states that he is not ashamed of the Gospel. Most Christians interpret that to mean that Christians should go out into the world … Continue reading
While leftist extremists continue to violently tear down everything they can get their dirty mitts on throughout the nation, their enablers in the mainstream press are warning us about yet another looming wave of white-supremacist far-right violence that, as usual, … Continue reading
Wait With Me, Jason Gaboury. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press/Formatio, 2020. Summary: Proposes that the experience of loneliness is an invitation to grow in our friendship with God. “To be human is to be lonely.” These words, spoken by Friar Ugo, … Continue reading
Phyllis Schlafly. Phyllis Schlafly Speaks, Volume 1: Her Favorite Speeches. Ed. Ed Martin. Skellig America, 2016. This book is a compilation of Phyllis Schlafly’s favorite speeches that she gave. She selected them for this book shortly before her death. A. … Continue reading
Here are some booknotes: A. William Haller. The Rise of Puritanism. Harper, 1957. Haller talks about the Puritans in seventeenth century England. Some of what Haller said was unsurprising. TULIP, for one. The Puritans believed in predestination and earnestly sought … Continue reading
Mindszenty the Man by Joseph Vecsey as Told to Phyllis Schlafly. Cardinal Mindszenty Foundation, 1972. Phyllis Schlafly, Ed Martin, and Brett M. Decker. The Conservative Case for Trump. Regnery, 2016. A. Mindszenty the Man was written in 1972. During the … Continue reading