Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Monthly Archives: February 2020
Today is Ash Wednesday, and the church that I attend had an Ash Wednesday service. The pastor opened his sermon by saying that he did not have a poker face. One can look at his face and tell what he … Continue reading
Steven J. Duby. God in Himself: Scripture, Metaphysics, and the Task of Christian Theology. IVP Academic, 2019. See here to purchase the book. Steven J. Duby teaches theology at Grand Canyon University. This book is about divine revelation. There are … Continue reading
Here are some items from church this morning. A. The theme of the service was “Listen to him,” taken from what God says in Matthew 17:5 at the Transfiguration. The youth pastor talked about the fictional town of Duckberg. The … Continue reading
Originally posted on Citizen of New Jerusalem:
Want to kill your Christian joy and assurance of salvation? Believe your Christian adverbs. (Adverbs modify verbs, e.g. “slowly running.”) Become a pietist. When we use and believe our own adverbs to describe…
The adult Bible study today talked about Jesus’s Transfiguration in Matthew 17:1-9. Here are some items: A. Transfiguration Sunday marks a transition between Epiphany and Lent. Epiphany is about the revelation of Jesus as God, to both Israel and also … Continue reading
Originally posted on Morgan Trotter:
Stonehouse, Ned B. J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir. Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth Trust, 1987. I first learned about J. Gresham Machen in church history class during my initial year as a student at…
Originally posted on TheoThoughts:
I’ve been mulling on this passage in Hebrews for the past couple of weeks; Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which…