Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 12:22-37: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Asperger's and Religion
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Monthly Archives: October 2019
The Wednesday Bible study was about Hebrews 13:5-6. As is usually the case, the pastor commented on the preceding verses, as well. Here are some items. A. The Epistle to the Hebrews teaches that Christians are on their way to … Continue reading
Michael J. Ovey. The Feasts of Repentance: From Luke-Acts to Systematic and Pastoral Theology. IVP, 2019. See here to purchase the book. Michael J. Ovey was a scholar, writer, and the principal of Oak Hill College in London. As the … Continue reading
Prior to becoming an author, I spent 40 years in sales and marketing. I never felt as though I were a Death of a Salesman type of guy, Willie Lohman, but more of a Ronald Reagan, Great Communicator type. That’s … Continue reading
Phyllis Schlafly and George Neumayr. No Higher Power: Obama’s War on Religious Freedom. Regnery, 2012. See here to buy the book. Phyllis Schlafly was a renowned conservative activist. George Neumayr is a contributing editor to the conservative magazine, The American … Continue reading
Church this morning talked about the story of the rich young man in Mark 10:17ff. Here are some items: The youth pastor talked about how it is difficult to give some things up. When the rich man was exhorted by … Continue reading
The Wednesday Bible study group focused on the story of the rich man in Mark 10:17-27. Here are some items: A. The story comes in between two predictions by Jesus that he will suffer, die, and rise from the dead … Continue reading
Here are some items from last Sunday’s church activities: A. The youth pastor contrasted the Old Testament system of access to God with what Christians have. The Old Testament had only one church building: the Tabernacle. Only the high priest … Continue reading
Here are two items from Wednesday’s church Bible study: A. The Book of Hebrews interacts with Psalm 110. Psalm 110 opens: “The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool” … Continue reading