Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Book Write-Up: Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive, by Joyce Meyer
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Dunn's Christological Model of Development
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Monthly Archives: August 2019
John MacArthur, Jr. Different by Design: Discovering God’s Will for Today’s Man and Woman. Victor, 1996. See here to buy the book. This book defends a complementarian view of gender against evangelical feminism. Essentially, John MacArthur believes that married women’s … Continue reading
Holland C. Kirbo. Sword and Shield. Illadian, 2018. See here to buy the book. Sword and Shield is the second book of Holland Kirbo’s “Legends of Aewyr” fantasy series. This second book takes up where the first one left off. … Continue reading
R.A. Denny. The Emperor’s Doom (Tales of Tzoladia, Book 5). 2018. See here to purchase the book. The Emperor’s Doom is the final book of R.A. Denny’s “Tales of Tzoladia” Christian fantasy series. The young cat-rider Metlan now reigns as … Continue reading
Here are some items from last Sunday’s church service: A. The youth pastor talked about heaven. What is heaven like? Two people were saying that heaven had rivers of chocolate milk. The youth pastor responded that there must be more … Continue reading
Eric Rivera. Christ Is Yours: The Assurance of Salvation in the Puritan Theology of William Gouge. Lexham, 2019. See here to purchase the book. William Gouge (1575-1653) was an English Puritan clergyman and author. In Christ Is Yours, Eric Rivera … Continue reading
Here are some items from the church service that I attended last Sunday: A. The service itself interacted with John 20:23: “Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.” … Continue reading
Dana Loesch. Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America. Center Street, 2014. See here to purchase the book. Dana Loesch is a conservative pundit and has served as a spokesperson for the National Rifle Association. I first … Continue reading
Every so often you see someone compile a list of things not to tell those who is suffering or grieving. At or near the top of the list is “I know just how you feel”. 366 more words via “You just … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, we continued our series on the Apostle’s Creed. The theme was “I believe in the Holy Spirit.” The youth pastor talked about how the Holy Spirit empowers and strengthens people for Christian service. You know the … Continue reading
Gerald L. Bray. Doing Theology with the Reformers. IVP Academic, 2019. See here to purchase the book. Gerald L. Bray is an Anglican priest, author and editor of books about theology, and professor at Beeson Divinity School in Samford University. … Continue reading