Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- “You just don’t understand!” — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe in the Holy Spirit…”
- What is Apostasy? Can you lose your salvation?
- Book Write-Up: Doing Theology with the Reformers, by Gerald L. Bray
- Were OT Jews indwelt by the Spirit? — Triablogue
- God, guns, and tipping-points — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: A Lutheran in Africa
- Declaring war on white nationalism — Triablogue
- “Race-traitors” — Triablogue
- Kamala’s Conundrum
Monthly Archives: July 2019
At church last Sunday, the pastor continued his series through the Apostle’s Creed. The part that he talked about was “…who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and … Continue reading
I recently asked Prof. John Frame about Fred Rogers in light of the upcoming film with Tom Hanks. Prof. Frame’s reply is below. (He kindly gave me permission to post it.) … 323 more words via Mr. Rogers — Triablogue
James E. Beitler III. Seasoned Speech: Rhetoric in the Life of the Church. IVP Academic, 2019. See here to purchase the book. James E. Beitler III teaches English at Wheaton College. This book, Seasoned Speech, is about Christian rhetoric. Beitler … Continue reading
View this post on Instagram My heart is full of gratitude. I wish you could see all the messages people sent me after the announcement of my divorce. 1,224 more words via I kissed marriage and Christianity goodbye — Triablogue
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I came across the hilarious fact that Dorothy Parker, the poet and screen writer, named her parakeet Onan because he was always spilling his seed. This joke, based on the KJV of Genesis 38:9, would go…
At church last Sunday, we continued our journey through the Apostle’s Creed. The theme was the part that says “in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord.” Here are some items: A. The youth pastor asked what the son of … Continue reading
So, how do we clean up the toxic swamp that is today’s evangelical reputation?…The moral inconsistency of our positions only leads a watching world to conclude that our religious convictions—the essence of our faith—is up for sale. 153 more words via … Continue reading