Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Death Penalty
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- I Watched Gandhi Last Night
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: April 20, 2019
In this post I’m going to discuss some related issues. One concerns the nature of biblical inerrancy. A way in which inerrancy is defended is to distinguish truth from pedantic precision. 718 more words via Philosophers can’t be friends — Triablogue
666: CALCULATING THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST PART SIX by Jeff Wingo — Alien Antichrist: UFOs and Aliens, Antichrist, and the End of Days
Reblogging for future reference: So far, in this series we have looked at the various biblical links to the number of the Beast, 666, and in doing so we have discovered along the way that the Bible alone holds the … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference: Novelist Tom Holland just wrote an article for The Spectator titled “Thank God for Western Values,” declaring the “debt of the West to Christianity is more deeply rooted than many might presume.” Everything he says is … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference: In a prior Easter-related post I wrote that “dying and rising” gods don’t provide a good mythological model for the resurrection story of Christ. Rather, I mentioned that Greco-Roman myths provide a better inspiration and template, … Continue reading