Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Psalm 75
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- "A Harder Task Than Making Bricks Without Straw"
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Daily Archives: April 2, 2019
Reblogging for future reference: Historically, many Arminians reject penal substitution. They agree with Calvinists that if Jesus died to satisfy God’s justice on behalf of the redeemed, then all the redeemed must be saved, since there’s no judicial basis for … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
This is a reflection about purity and Jesus. Scholars have frequently used Jesus’ attitude toward purity to explain his teaching about openness to all people. Cecelia Wassen (“The Jewishness of Jesus and Ritual Purity”, here) shows…
Reblogging for future reference: I long ago predicted the results of the Mueller report and I am confident they are indeed exactly as Barr describes them. Emphasis on exactly. Conservatives often fail at reading comprehension. So they trip and faceplant … Continue reading
In my experience, there are roughly three objections to “pictures of Jesus”. One invokes the 2nd Commandment. That’s an important objection, which raises a number of complex issues. 324 more words via “We don’t know what Jesus looked like” — Triablogue
Reblogging for future reference: Is Everyone a Christian Who Claims to Be a Christian? One of my biggest frustrations as a Christian blogger who is also a noted Christian theologian is that many people seem to think that “Christianity” is … Continue reading
The Gospel Coalition’s annual conference is currently underway. I thought, once again, I would repost a post that gets into some material critique of the sort of Federal Calvinism that funds TGC’s theology. It disheartens me that TGC, and other … Continue reading
B.D. Hyman. The Rapture, the Tribulation, and Beyond. 2002. See here to buy the book. B.D. Hyman is the daughter of actress Bette Davis. Hyman is a Christian minister. I first learned of her from the 2017 miniseries Feud, which … Continue reading