Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Shepherd of Hermas on Divorce
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- "Last Words"
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly’s Favorite Speeches
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
Daily Archives: April 2, 2019
Reblogging for future reference: Historically, many Arminians reject penal substitution. They agree with Calvinists that if Jesus died to satisfy God’s justice on behalf of the redeemed, then all the redeemed must be saved, since there’s no judicial basis for … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
This is a reflection about purity and Jesus. Scholars have frequently used Jesus’ attitude toward purity to explain his teaching about openness to all people. Cecelia Wassen (“The Jewishness of Jesus and Ritual Purity”, here) shows…
Reblogging for future reference: I long ago predicted the results of the Mueller report and I am confident they are indeed exactly as Barr describes them. Emphasis on exactly. Conservatives often fail at reading comprehension. So they trip and faceplant … Continue reading
In my experience, there are roughly three objections to “pictures of Jesus”. One invokes the 2nd Commandment. That’s an important objection, which raises a number of complex issues. 324 more words via “We don’t know what Jesus looked like” — Triablogue
Reblogging for future reference: Is Everyone a Christian Who Claims to Be a Christian? One of my biggest frustrations as a Christian blogger who is also a noted Christian theologian is that many people seem to think that “Christianity” is … Continue reading
The Gospel Coalition’s annual conference is currently underway. I thought, once again, I would repost a post that gets into some material critique of the sort of Federal Calvinism that funds TGC’s theology. It disheartens me that TGC, and other … Continue reading
B.D. Hyman. The Rapture, the Tribulation, and Beyond. 2002. See here to buy the book. B.D. Hyman is the daughter of actress Bette Davis. Hyman is a Christian minister. I first learned of her from the 2017 miniseries Feud, which … Continue reading