Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: March 15, 2019
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Madison’s Gift, David O. Stewart. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2015. Summary: A biography of our fourth president, through the lens of five key partnerships he formed that helped establish a new nation. Of the…
In a letter to Farel, Calvin remarks “The King is only half wise. He prohibits, under severe penalties, besides depriving them of the ministry, the priests and bishops who enter upon matrimony; he retains the daily masses; he wishes the … Continue reading
“The punishments of hell differ in degree, according to the quality and measure of sins.” — Hollazius via Quote of the Day — Zwinglius Redivivus
Jim O’Shea. The Reluctant Disciple. Ambassador International, 2018. See here to buy the book. The Reluctant Disciple reminded me of the following: The Devil’s Advocate: You have the offspring of an evil entity, who seduces a woman in a Christian … Continue reading
1. I’d like to comment on two contradictory objections to Christianity. Before I do that, a preliminary observation: There’s a certain dilemma in Christian apologetics. Do we respond to the sophisticated atheists or the village atheists? Normally, you want to … Continue reading