Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Lactantius the Proto-Pelagian?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Origen and Calvin: Christological Smackdown!
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Book Write-Up: A Multitude of Peoples, by Vince L. Bantu
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- Book Write-Ups: Safe—-Not Sorry, A Choice Not an Echo Exp. (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Book Write-Up: Paul, Apostle of God’s Glory in Christ, by Thomas R. Schreiner
Daily Archives: March 15, 2019
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Madison’s Gift, David O. Stewart. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2015. Summary: A biography of our fourth president, through the lens of five key partnerships he formed that helped establish a new nation. Of the…
In a letter to Farel, Calvin remarks “The King is only half wise. He prohibits, under severe penalties, besides depriving them of the ministry, the priests and bishops who enter upon matrimony; he retains the daily masses; he wishes the … Continue reading
“The punishments of hell differ in degree, according to the quality and measure of sins.” — Hollazius via Quote of the Day — Zwinglius Redivivus
Jim O’Shea. The Reluctant Disciple. Ambassador International, 2018. See here to buy the book. The Reluctant Disciple reminded me of the following: The Devil’s Advocate: You have the offspring of an evil entity, who seduces a woman in a Christian … Continue reading
1. I’d like to comment on two contradictory objections to Christianity. Before I do that, a preliminary observation: There’s a certain dilemma in Christian apologetics. Do we respond to the sophisticated atheists or the village atheists? Normally, you want to … Continue reading