In my experience, Calvinists typically contend that while God can and sometimes does deceive certain people through secondary means (e.g.1 Kgs 20:23), God cannot lie directly. He can deceive through the instrumentality of others (e.g. Ezk 14:9-10) but he can’t personally lie. On the face of it, that’s a makeshift distinction, but in fairness, they simply…
Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Manichaeanism vs. "Fallen Goodness"
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Book Write-Up: The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Current Events Write-Up: Oil Wars; Pro-WHO and Anti-Taiwan Articles; Unfair Criticisms of Conservative Christians; Wisconsin Voter Suppression...by Democrats!
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23:6 and Psalm 40
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Current Events Write-Up: Deficit Non-Disaster; Unafraid Phyllis; Norma McCorvey; Trump’s New Press Secretary
- Book Write-Up: The Facts about Communism and Our Churches, by Billy James Hargis
- Current Events Write-Up: Solutions, Public Transit, Ahmaud Arbery, Safe Haven, Foreign Aid, Mrs. America
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 41 and 23:5a
- “Ask China” — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies’ Story, by Martin Dies
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 51; Rod and Staff