Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Logos, Memra, Monotheism, John 1
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Corporate Worship on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Understanding Dispensationalists, by Vern Poythress
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: February 21, 2019
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Rise and Fall of Peace on Earth, Michael Mandelbaum. New York: Oxford University Press, (Forthcoming, March 1,) 2019. Summary: Develops the thesis that 1989-2014 represented a singular period of widespread peace marked by absence…
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
The Cartesian Method Rene Descartes (1596-1650), often recognized as the first of the modern philosophers, proposed a particular epistemological framework within Meditations on First Philosophy (1641) and Principles of…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I do not have time to do another post on my reading project today. But here is something I want to call your attention to. James K. Hoffmeier makes what I think is a very good…
Church Write-Up: Ethnocentrism, Assimilation, Potential Crumbling, and Theodicy in Reference to the Joseph Story
At the LCMS Bible study, the pastor talked about the story of Joseph. Here are some items: A. The Egyptians thought highly of themselves. Of course, the Pharaoh believed that he was a god, but, according to the pastor, the … Continue reading