1. As I recall, John Warwick Montgomery used to mount the following argument for the inspiration of Scripture: i) Bracket inspiration. Treat NT documents as 1C primary sourcesii) Sufficient to establish Resurrectioniii) Resurrection proves deity of Christiv) Testimony of divine Christ validates the historicity/inspiration of Scripture.2. A potential weak link in that syllogism is (iii). Some…
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- About Me
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Lipovsky-a captivating but flawed scenario
- Completing Childs' Commentary on Exodus
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez