Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- About Me
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Monthly Archives: January 2019
At the LCMS Bible study, the topic was I Corinthians 13. Here are some items: A. The pastor started by talking about the Hebrew word for love, “ahav.” He said that it covers various kinds of love, but it always … Continue reading
James Haught of Daylight Atheism has posted the historical pathway that led to the Branch Davidians and the Waco disaster beginning from the Millerite movement of 1843 and 1844. The Story Behind Waco’s Tragedy It’s a story of dashed idealism, … Continue reading
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/podcasts/tgc-podcast/best-arguments-gospels/Has complete transcript. via The Best Arguments for and against the Gospels — Triablogue
Here are some items from the LCMS church activities last Sunday: A. The pastor told a couple of notable anecdotes. One was about an elderly woman who was angry at Jesus for forgiving the thief on the cross and letting … Continue reading
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
In the days leading up to Pentecost, Luke describes the disciples of Jesus as being of “one mind.” This nouns (ὁμοθυμαδόν) is repeated in 2:46 (translated simply as “together” in the ESV) and 4:24 to…
A snippet from FacebookElliottThey also face the problems of explaining why it is coherent to say that God loves everyone…HaysCalvinists don’t necessarily say God loves everyone.Elliott…and that the Gospel is genuinely offered to all people if divine determinism is true … Continue reading
Timothy D. Padgett. Swords and Plowshares: American Evangelicals on War, 1937-1973. Lexham, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Timothy D. Padgett has a Ph.D. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. The back cover of the book sardonically asks, “Evangelicals are … Continue reading