Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart's Thought
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Unrealistic Chris Rock, Tim Lahaye, and Jerry Jenkins
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: January 2019
At the LCMS Bible study, the topic was I Corinthians 13. Here are some items: A. The pastor started by talking about the Hebrew word for love, “ahav.” He said that it covers various kinds of love, but it always … Continue reading
Here are some items from the LCMS church activities last Sunday: A. The pastor told a couple of notable anecdotes. One was about an elderly woman who was angry at Jesus for forgiving the thief on the cross and letting … Continue reading
A snippet from FacebookElliottThey also face the problems of explaining why it is coherent to say that God loves everyone…HaysCalvinists don’t necessarily say God loves everyone.Elliott…and that the Gospel is genuinely offered to all people if divine determinism is true … Continue reading
Timothy D. Padgett. Swords and Plowshares: American Evangelicals on War, 1937-1973. Lexham, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Timothy D. Padgett has a Ph.D. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. The back cover of the book sardonically asks, “Evangelicals are … Continue reading
At the LCMS Bible study today, the topic was I Corinthians 12:12-31, which describes the church as one body. Here are some items: A. The pastor drew a contrast between the United States and Norway. In the U.S., people normally … Continue reading
Here are some items from church last Sunday. I attended the LCMS church. A. The theme was spiritual gifts. The youth pastor asked the kids if they have ever been on a team. If a person is on a basketball … Continue reading
Charles C. Ryrie. Revelation. Moody, 1996, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Charles Ryrie was a renowned conservative Christian scholar, theologian, and author. This book is a commentary on the Book of Revelation, written on a popular level yet … Continue reading
I went to the weekly adult Bible study at the LCMS. It resumed meeting, after a hiatus. The pastor started a series on I Corinthians. Here are some items: A. A key topic in I Corinthians is spiritual gifts. Spiritual … Continue reading
Angela Hunt. Jerusalem’s Queen: A Novel of Salome Alexandra. Bethany House, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Jerusalem’s Queen is the third book of Angela Hunt’s “Silent Years” series, which is about the period between the Hebrew Bible and … Continue reading