Mary’s visit to Elizabeth is the meeting of two prophesies: one of John, one of Jesus. It is the upending of conventional means of power. Two women of particular scorn have come together. One was barren: a sign of cursed-ness. One was pregnant outside of marriage: a sign of sinfulness. Two undesireables are now harboring […]
Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Book Write-Up: Jesus and the Zealots, by S.G.F. Brandon
- “You just don’t understand!” — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe in the Holy Spirit…”
- What is Apostasy? Can you lose your salvation?
- Book Write-Up: Doing Theology with the Reformers, by Gerald L. Bray
- Were OT Jews indwelt by the Spirit? — Triablogue
- God, guns, and tipping-points — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: A Lutheran in Africa
- Declaring war on white nationalism — Triablogue
- “Race-traitors” — Triablogue
- Kamala’s Conundrum