Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Lactantius the Proto-Pelagian?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Origen and Calvin: Christological Smackdown!
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Book Write-Up: A Multitude of Peoples, by Vince L. Bantu
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- Book Write-Ups: Safe—-Not Sorry, A Choice Not an Echo Exp. (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Book Write-Up: Paul, Apostle of God’s Glory in Christ, by Thomas R. Schreiner
Daily Archives: December 6, 2018
In my reading of Hillel Millgram’s The Elijah Enigma I come to the story of Naboth’s vineyard and 1 Kings 21. There are conversations recounted: Ahab with Naboth, Ahab with himself, and Ahab with Jezebel. There are also letters that … Continue reading
The LCMS church is having Wednesday Advent services this year. In the sermon today, the pastor talked about home. When he was growing up, he had to move every five years due to his father’s job. Eventually, his father settled … Continue reading
What do I think of Richard Shenk’s book on the virgin birth (Which I do affirm) published by Paternoster books? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out. Readers of my work and friends of mine know that one … Continue reading
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
Virgil’s Aeneid, translated by John Dryden, edited by Charles W. Eliot As volume thirteen of the Harvard classics series, this book, sent to me by a friend of mine, provided me a chance to…