Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: Men and Women in Christ, by Andrew Bartlett
- Psalm 119: Shin/Sin
- Church Write-Up: Ash Wednesday 2020
- Book Write-Up: God in Himself, by Steven J. Duby
- Church Write-Up: Listening, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- How to Kill Your Christian Joy and Assurance
- Church Write-Up: The Transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-9)
- Review of “J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir” by Ned B. Stonehouse
- My cloud of witnesses: 7 traits of highly effective race runners
- Book Write-Up: The Victory of the Cross, by James R. Payton Jr.
- Church Write-Up: Law, Keeping It Real, and Sharing One’s Faith
- Wayne Allyn Root: Mexico Is Paying for Trump’s Wall
Daily Archives: November 28, 2018
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
L. Ron Hubbard created a system/theory he called Dianetics (1). He penned two books in 1950 on the subject, Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science and Dianetics: The Modern…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Cloud of Unknowing, Anonymous (translated by Carmen Acevedo Butcher). Boulder: Shambala Publications, 2018. Summary: A classic on contemplative prayer in a new modern translation. The Cloud of Unknowing is perhaps one of the greatest…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Since a few comments have referred to the matter, I post some references on the question of whether in the ancient Roman period individuals practiced silent reading. To cut to the conclusion, it…
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
The current Conservative government is now considering plans that are even more extensive: reducing the UK’s CO2 emissions to zero by 2050. It’s cute but utterly irrelevant. Who cares what tiny little UK does…
Gerald Hiestand and Todd Wilson, ed. Creation and Doxology: The Beginning and End of God’s Good World. IVP Academic, 2018. See here to purchase the book. This book contains essays about how Christians should see creation. A significant portion of … Continue reading