Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 77
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Daily Archives: November 28, 2018
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
L. Ron Hubbard created a system/theory he called Dianetics (1). He penned two books in 1950 on the subject, Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science and Dianetics: The Modern…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Cloud of Unknowing, Anonymous (translated by Carmen Acevedo Butcher). Boulder: Shambala Publications, 2018. Summary: A classic on contemplative prayer in a new modern translation. The Cloud of Unknowing is perhaps one of the greatest…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Since a few comments have referred to the matter, I post some references on the question of whether in the ancient Roman period individuals practiced silent reading. To cut to the conclusion, it…
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
The current Conservative government is now considering plans that are even more extensive: reducing the UK’s CO2 emissions to zero by 2050. It’s cute but utterly irrelevant. Who cares what tiny little UK does…
Gerald Hiestand and Todd Wilson, ed. Creation and Doxology: The Beginning and End of God’s Good World. IVP Academic, 2018. See here to purchase the book. This book contains essays about how Christians should see creation. A significant portion of … Continue reading