Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Book Write-Up: Jesus and the Zealots, by S.G.F. Brandon
- “You just don’t understand!” — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe in the Holy Spirit…”
- What is Apostasy? Can you lose your salvation?
- Book Write-Up: Doing Theology with the Reformers, by Gerald L. Bray
- Were OT Jews indwelt by the Spirit? — Triablogue
- God, guns, and tipping-points — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: A Lutheran in Africa
- Declaring war on white nationalism — Triablogue
- “Race-traitors” — Triablogue
- Kamala’s Conundrum
Daily Archives: November 28, 2018
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
L. Ron Hubbard created a system/theory he called Dianetics (1). He penned two books in 1950 on the subject, Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science and Dianetics: The Modern…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Cloud of Unknowing, Anonymous (translated by Carmen Acevedo Butcher). Boulder: Shambala Publications, 2018. Summary: A classic on contemplative prayer in a new modern translation. The Cloud of Unknowing is perhaps one of the greatest…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Since a few comments have referred to the matter, I post some references on the question of whether in the ancient Roman period individuals practiced silent reading. To cut to the conclusion, it…
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
The current Conservative government is now considering plans that are even more extensive: reducing the UK’s CO2 emissions to zero by 2050. It’s cute but utterly irrelevant. Who cares what tiny little UK does…
Gerald Hiestand and Todd Wilson, ed. Creation and Doxology: The Beginning and End of God’s Good World. IVP Academic, 2018. See here to purchase the book. This book contains essays about how Christians should see creation. A significant portion of … Continue reading