Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 77
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Daily Archives: November 19, 2018
Originally posted on Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist:
Nancy Pelosi has been making news lately as an obstacle to the transformation of the Democratic Party into the kind of European Social Democratic Party the DSA and Sandernistas yearn for. There…
‘Early’ Does Not Necessarily Mean It Should Be Normative: Engaging with Assurance of Salvation in the Early Church
via ‘Early’ Does Not Necessarily Mean It Should Be Normative: Engaging with Assurance of Salvation in the Early Church
As we begin to discuss Hillel Millgram’s insights into the stories of Elijah and Ahab from his book The Elijah Enigma, it may help to have before us a text: . . .Ahab did more to provoke the anger of … Continue reading