Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 77
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Daily Archives: November 16, 2018
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I am in the early pages of Hillel Millgram’s The Elijah Enigma, in which he deals with the conflict between the prophet, Elijah, and the king, Ahab. I will make just a few points about Millgram’s…
C. Stephen Evans. A History of Western Philosophy: From the Pre-Socratics to Postmodernism. IVP Academic, 2018. See here to purchase the book. C. Stephen Evans has a Ph.D. from Yale and teaches Philosophy and the Humanities at Baylor University. Before … Continue reading
Sherrod Brown is really in the game for the nomination. I just got a message from his (proto) campaign. And it’s a very good one. It’s all about workers and worker rights. Not a single stupid identity-based truism. I’ll be … Continue reading
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
Wow, this is really good and sorely needed: President Trump is throwing his support behind legislation that could shorten sentences for some drug offenders and help prisoners adjust to life after incarceration. . .…
At the end of November we’ll be launching our new magazine, ink, with thought-provoking articles about the language, culture and history of the Bible. If you you’d like to receive a free copy by post (UK addresses only) sign up … Continue reading
Originally posted on Newman Research Centre for the Bible and its Reception: The latest edition of the Journal of the Jesus Movement in its Jewish Setting (5) is now out with the great news that it has also secured more … Continue reading