A first century Greek named Strabo documented an account he heard or read on the founding of a colony at present day Marseilles, southern France. The founders were from the Greek city-state of Phocaea, present day Foça on the Turkish coast. The date of the founding was around 600 BCE. In 2005 Vetus Testamentum published…
Top Posts & Pages
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Nixon in Winter 9
- Abraham Lincoln and John Locke
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Theodoret the Nestorian vs. Cyril the Monophysite
- Book Write-Up: Reciprocal Church, by Sharon Galgay Ketcham
- Church Write-Up: Prepare for Bleach
- Book Write-Up: Reading Mark’s Christology Under Caesar
- Neglected Evidence For The Magi Account — Triablogue
- Review: Husband, Wife, Father, Child, Master, Slave
- George H.W. Bush: Good Man, Bad President
- Book Write-Up: Placemaking and the Arts, by Jennifer Allen Craft
- Woe to the One Who Tempts! Matthew 18:7
- Church Write-Up: Son of Abraham
- President’s Day Special: From Nixon to Obama