A first century Greek named Strabo documented an account he heard or read on the founding of a colony at present day Marseilles, southern France. The founders were from the Greek city-state of Phocaea, present day Foça on the Turkish coast. The date of the founding was around 600 BCE. In 2005 Vetus Testamentum published…
Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Four Stages of Spiritual Growth
- Lipstick on a Pig
- Moses' Uncircumcised Lips, Emotional Yet Recited Prayer
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- The Truth About Islam and Democracy — Vridar
- Lyndon LaRouche Is Dead, But We Are Alive — OffGuardian
- Review: Washington
- Fredriksen-Paul’s Jesus as end-time prophet
- Changing the Definition of Forgiveness
- How to be forgiving — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up (Sort Of): It’s Personal, by Andy Stanley
- The Trajectory of Neoliberalism in the US
- Book Write-Up: George MacDonald in the Age of Miracles
- Book Review: The Lies They Tell