Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Beginning Carson's Exegetical Fallacies
- Book Write-Up: Jesus Behaving Badly, by Mark L. Strauss
- Church Write-Up: Mark 9-10 and Becoming Like a Child
- Book Review: Basic Economics (1)
- Book Review: Basic Economics
- Book Write-Up: Trinity without Hierarchy
- Church Write-Up: God’s Persistent Love; Immediately After Death
- A Brief Review of “Safe People” by Cloud and Townsend
- Book Write-Up: The Transparent Cabal, by Stephen J. Sniegoski
- Book Write-Up: The Trinity and Martin Luther, by Christine Helmer
- Book Write-Up: The Supremacists, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: The Banquet Invitation
Daily Archives: November 2, 2018
Not endorsing the tone of the post, but the article to which it links is good, and the post highlights important parts of the article. An interesting article on the culture divide within the Democratic party: Energized progressives are thrilled … Continue reading
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
I was quite surprised today with a tweet from a former student who bought my book, Jesus the Bridegroom for the Logos Bible Software for $4.99. This is part of the Wipf & Stock sale…
Commentators are divided on whether the plague of blood has reference to literal blood. Stuart points out that the same Hebrew word is a synonym for the color red. 395 more words via Did the Nile turn to blood? — Triablogue
Every serious student of the Bible knows that there are other flood stories from the ancient Near East, particularly from ancient Sumer, Babylon, and Assyria. One brief account from Ugarit, but interestingly, none from Egypt. 185 more words via Egypt and … Continue reading
Roger E. Olson. The Journey of Modern Theology: From Reconstruction to Deconstruction. IVP Academic, 2013. See here to purchase the book. Roger E. Olson has a Ph.D. from Rice University and teaches theology at George W. Truett Theological Seminary of … Continue reading
What do I think of Kyle Greenwood’s book published by Baker Academic? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out. We all know that from the very beginning, Genesis 1 and 2 were thought to be totally scientific accounts … Continue reading