Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 29, 2018
Review: The Origins of Totalitarianism
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The Origins of Totalitarianism, Hannah Arendt. New York: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 1968. Summary: A work tracing the rise of totalitarian governments in the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany to their origins in racism and class…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Review: The Origins of Totalitarianism
Lead us Not into Temptation – Matthew 6:13
Reading Acts This line of the Lord’s Prayer does not mean, “Don’t let us be tempted.” but rather “do not let us yield to temptation.” Craig Blomberg draws attention to a similar saying in Mark 14:38, “pray that you do … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Lead us Not into Temptation – Matthew 6:13
Secular Eschatology; Secular Salvation — The Evangelical Calvinist
Part of the human condition is living in a world wherein teleology is an inescapable reality. What I mean is that in-built into our creatureliness is an innate notion that nature, or creation is heading somewhere; viz. that it has … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Secular Eschatology; Secular Salvation — The Evangelical Calvinist
Church Write-Up: Family Doesn’t Bow; Whispers; Jesus the Good Samaritan; Simon’s Bitterness
Here are some items on last Sunday’s church services: A. The key text at the LCMS church service was John 6:34-36. Jesus says there: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Uncategorized Comments Off on Church Write-Up: Family Doesn’t Bow; Whispers; Jesus the Good Samaritan; Simon’s Bitterness