Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Amos 6:10
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Daily Archives: October 19, 2018
Jesus tells his followers to do their spiritual disciples in private. He assumes they will give to the poor, pray and fast, but he does not want them to draw attention to themselves in these spiritual disciplines. Instead, Jesus says, … Continue reading
To my knowledge, Fatima and Lourdes are the showcase Catholic miracles. Fatima because it’s supposedly well-attested by so many witnesses and Lourdes because it’s supposedly well-attested by so many miracles. Not only as Catholic miracles, but miracles that specifically attest … Continue reading
via Gregory of Nyssa’s Doctrine of Evil as an Explanation for the Chaos of this World [dis]Order
Originally posted on Dr. Claude Mariottini – Professor of Old Testament:
Before you read this post, read “I Have Rejected Saul” – Part 1 Samuel’s Reaction to Saul’s Rejection After Samuel left Saul, Samuel went to his house in Ramah…
via NYTimes: The Democrats’ Left Turn Is Not an Illusion I liked this part of the article: Mounk argues that a majority of Americans is horrified by hate speech; disgusted by the Trump administration’s attacks on immigrants; and committed to … Continue reading
The second part of the book is more interesting. The authors examine the evolution of the Fatima legend, showing how the simple testimony given by the seers in 1917 evolved into an elaborate web of “secrets”, creating a credulous cult … Continue reading
Originally posted on CWoznicki Think Out Loud:
“Penal substitution is more than unjust, it is by definition impossible!” This line of thought represents an important objection leveled against penal substitutionary atonement (PSA) by some philosophers of religion. The key to…
Originally posted on Aeryn Rudel's Rejectomancy:
A topic I see a fair amount among authors is whether or not you should reply to a rejection letter. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I’d say the answer is no, but my…