Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- “You just don’t understand!” — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe in the Holy Spirit…”
- What is Apostasy? Can you lose your salvation?
- Book Write-Up: Doing Theology with the Reformers, by Gerald L. Bray
- Were OT Jews indwelt by the Spirit? — Triablogue
- God, guns, and tipping-points — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: A Lutheran in Africa
- Declaring war on white nationalism — Triablogue
- “Race-traitors” — Triablogue
- Kamala’s Conundrum
Daily Archives: October 19, 2018
Jesus tells his followers to do their spiritual disciples in private. He assumes they will give to the poor, pray and fast, but he does not want them to draw attention to themselves in these spiritual disciplines. Instead, Jesus says, … Continue reading
To my knowledge, Fatima and Lourdes are the showcase Catholic miracles. Fatima because it’s supposedly well-attested by so many witnesses and Lourdes because it’s supposedly well-attested by so many miracles. Not only as Catholic miracles, but miracles that specifically attest … Continue reading
via Gregory of Nyssa’s Doctrine of Evil as an Explanation for the Chaos of this World [dis]Order
Originally posted on Dr. Claude Mariottini – Professor of Old Testament:
Before you read this post, read “I Have Rejected Saul” – Part 1 Samuel’s Reaction to Saul’s Rejection After Samuel left Saul, Samuel went to his house in Ramah…
via NYTimes: The Democrats’ Left Turn Is Not an Illusion I liked this part of the article: Mounk argues that a majority of Americans is horrified by hate speech; disgusted by the Trump administration’s attacks on immigrants; and committed to … Continue reading
The second part of the book is more interesting. The authors examine the evolution of the Fatima legend, showing how the simple testimony given by the seers in 1917 evolved into an elaborate web of “secrets”, creating a credulous cult … Continue reading