Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Psalm 75
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Daily Archives: October 16, 2018
Is there an “original” Bible? Can we sort through copies of biblical manuscripts to reconstruct the first autographs penned by individual authors? Often Christians believe it’s essential to find the single, original meaning of the Bible, usually through a branch … Continue reading
This is part 1 of a 2 part series. Part 1 begins with what the Bible says about sex. Part 2 will examine why certain views on sex are in the Bible and their relevance for Christians today. 63 more words … Continue reading
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
This is the kind of Democrat I want to support: Some top Democrats already see Trump as a potential ally in an infrastructure push. Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), ranking member of the House Transportation…
Thoughts provoked by the HM Symposium on “How the West Came to Rule” — Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist
Reblogging for future reference: In 1976, Robert Brenner wrote an article titled “Agrarian Class Structure and Economic Development in Pre-Industrial Europe” in a scholarly journal that defined what would become known as “the Brenner thesis”. Based entirely on an accident … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference (not necessarily agreement): PMW 2018-083 by Paul J. Barth (Aquila Report) Gentry note: The Genesis Creation Account is not only foundational to a biblical worldview, but to the Bible itself. Too many evangelicals waffle when it … Continue reading
Father Cassilly writes: “Love is an act of the will, and the will, like any other faculty, has its own proper object. As sounds are perceived by the ear and colors by the eye, as the intellect assents to truth, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Hendrickson Publishers Blog: As the publication date for the Septuaginta: A Reader’s Edition and the academic shows approach, we’re excited to reveal to you this exclusive Q&A with the editors: Will Ross and Greg Lanier. The pair … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Theologies of the American Revivalists, Robert W. Caldwell III. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2017. Summary: A study, not so much of the history, as the theologies underlying the different revival movements in America from…
Originally posted on Eclectic Theist:
My quest to read (at least) one biography per President continues with Zacharay Taylor, the twelfth President of the United States. The biography I chose with my selection process (reading reviews online and utilizing and this…