Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- David Marshall: Christ in the Rig Veda?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: October 10, 2018
Proofing, Indeed Proving Church Dogma-Doctrine: The Scripture Principle as the Protestant’s Authority
via Proofing, Indeed Proving Church Dogma-Doctrine: The Scripture Principle as the Protestant’s Authority
Originally posted on A Bagful of insights:
Note to non-Ridley College readers: I have produced this piece as part of an exercise for my study of the book of Isaiah. The intention is to try and contextualize a portion of…
Reblogging for future reference: Reading Acts Instead of “eye for and eye” as a legal principle, Jesus commands his disciples to “Do not resist the one who is evil.” Jesus does not abandon the reason for the original law (do … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
A book I read more than a decade ago has had a profound influence on me. It is R. Kendall Soulen’s The God of Israel and Christian Theology. However, I loaned my copy to somebody or…
George Hawley. Right-Wing Critics of American Conservatism. University Press of Kansas, 2016. See here to purchase the book. George Hawley teaches political science at the University of Alabama. This book, Right-Wing Critics of American Conservatism, is about right-wing movements that … Continue reading
T.R. Bosse. The Mystery of the Trinity Revealed. Dove & Word, 2017. See here to buy the book. T.R. Bosse has studied the Bible for over forty years. This book actually addresses a number of subjects. On the subject that … Continue reading