Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Psalm 75
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Daily Archives: October 8, 2018
Reading Acts deSilva, David A. The Letter to the Galatians. NICNT; Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2018. lxxix+541 pp.; Hb.; $55.00. Link to Eerdmans Over the past few years Eerdmans has been replacing older volumes of the New International Commentary on … Continue reading
via Each According to Its Kind
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
Shanameh: The Persian Book Of Kings, written by Abolqasem Ferdowsi, translated by Dick Davis This is a large book to get through and it is likely that few readers will try. For those who…
Originally posted on International Liberty:
I’ve been in Lebanon for the past few days, but not because I’m seeking a replacement for the Princess of the Levant. Instead, I’m here because the Lebanese Institute for Market Studies arranged a briefing…
When I was knee high to a grasshopper and listening to 1984 (For the Love of Big Brother) by the Eurythmics on my jambox, CIA agents were dropping tons of drugs on my state and training death squads in our … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
In the last few weeks I have seen a proliferation of articles in the popular Christian press suggesting that new evidence of the exodus may have been found. See here, here and here. So I looked…
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
In the ancient world, deities were perceived as sometimes forgetting about humans, their servant subjects. Such is true for ancient Judean religion(s) (i.e. the Hebrew Bible) and Mesopotamian religion(s). So, in what follows, I…
Torrance Against Annihilationism or Evangelical Conditionalism, Not to Mention Christian Universalisms
via Torrance Against Annihilationism or Evangelical Conditionalism, Not to Mention Christian Universalisms
“Moses saw Christ even from the Virgin’s womb drawing the Church to himself, and the Church in the water of baptism drawing Christ to herself”
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
In his mysterious plans the Father had destined a bride for his only Son and presented her to him under the guise of prophetic images. Moses appeared and with deft hand sketched a picture of…