Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- Church Write-Up: Messiah as Melchizedek; Jacob’s Stone in the Temple
- Kamala Harris keeps calling for Twitter to suspend Trump’s account. Here’s the company’s latest reply
- Pat Buchanan: Is the Interventionists’ Era Over for Good?
- Church Write-Up: Baptism
- Book Write-Up: Inflation (Opposing Viewpoints, 2013)
- Book Write-Up: Proverbs, by Irving L. Jensen
- Pat Buchanan: Is Trump At Last Ending Our ‘Endless Wars’?
- Church Write-Up: Rust
- Book Write-Up: The US Deficit (Opposing Viewpoints, 2013)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 10
Daily Archives: October 8, 2018
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
deSilva, David A. The Letter to the Galatians. NICNT; Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2018. lxxix+541 pp.; Hb.; $55.00. Link to Eerdmans Over the past few years Eerdmans has been replacing older volumes of the New…
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
Shanameh: The Persian Book Of Kings, written by Abolqasem Ferdowsi, translated by Dick Davis This is a large book to get through and it is likely that few readers will try. For those who…
Originally posted on International Liberty:
I’ve been in Lebanon for the past few days, but not because I’m seeking a replacement for the Princess of the Levant. Instead, I’m here because the Lebanese Institute for Market Studies arranged a briefing…
When I was knee high to a grasshopper and listening to 1984 (For the Love of Big Brother) by the Eurythmics on my jambox, CIA agents were dropping tons of drugs on my state and training death squads in our … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
In the last few weeks I have seen a proliferation of articles in the popular Christian press suggesting that new evidence of the exodus may have been found. See here, here and here. So I looked…
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
In the ancient world, deities were perceived as sometimes forgetting about humans, their servant subjects. Such is true for ancient Judean religion(s) (i.e. the Hebrew Bible) and Mesopotamian religion(s). So, in what follows, I…