Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- “You just don’t understand!” — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe in the Holy Spirit…”
- What is Apostasy? Can you lose your salvation?
- Book Write-Up: Doing Theology with the Reformers, by Gerald L. Bray
- Were OT Jews indwelt by the Spirit? — Triablogue
- God, guns, and tipping-points — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: A Lutheran in Africa
- Declaring war on white nationalism — Triablogue
- “Race-traitors” — Triablogue
- Kamala’s Conundrum
Daily Archives: October 5, 2018
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson are going to take a look at the data Eric Chabot of Ratio Christi Ohio State University has a great post up about the post-mortem appearances of Jesus. The post contains: a…
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
Readers of Eclectic Orthodoxy know that Calvinism is, to put it mildly, “beyond my sympathies” (to use a phrase that Tolkien liked). But there are Calvinist theologians out there from which we can learn a…
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Perhaps an audience of Jewish listeners would have resonated with Jesus’s statements on murder (5:21-26) and adultery (5:27-30). At least in principle everyone can agree that anger and lust are the internal motivations for the…
via St. Francis de Sales on Liberty of Spirit
Book Plunge: Light From The Christian East
John Goldingay. An Introduction to the Old Testament: Exploring Text, Approaches and Issues. IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John Goldingay is a biblical scholar who teaches Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary. As the title indicates, … Continue reading