Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Psalm 75
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Daily Archives: October 5, 2018
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson are going to take a look at the data Eric Chabot of Ratio Christi Ohio State University has a great post up about the post-mortem appearances of Jesus. The post contains: a…
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
Readers of Eclectic Orthodoxy know that Calvinism is, to put it mildly, “beyond my sympathies” (to use a phrase that Tolkien liked). But there are Calvinist theologians out there from which we can learn a…
Reading Acts Perhaps an audience of Jewish listeners would have resonated with Jesus’s statements on murder (5:21-26) and adultery (5:27-30). At least in principle everyone can agree that anger and lust are the internal motivations for the external sins of … Continue reading
via St. Francis de Sales on Liberty of Spirit
Book Plunge: Light From The Christian East
John Goldingay. An Introduction to the Old Testament: Exploring Text, Approaches and Issues. IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John Goldingay is a biblical scholar who teaches Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary. As the title indicates, … Continue reading
St. Paul addresses the issue of liberty of spirit when he assures the Romans: “You have not received the spirit of bondage again in fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption of sons, whereby we cry: Abba, Father.” … Continue reading
Celebrating Protestantism in October. Prices good through October 31st, 2018. * * * ReadingJonathanEdwards $4.99 A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877 $2.99 A Documentary History of Religion in America from 1877 $2.99 A History of Biblical Interpretation, … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference (namely, the Bible interpretation): Originally posted on The light breaks through: Prayerlessness (James 4: 2b–3) “You don’t have because you don’t ask. 3 You ask and don’t have because you ask with evil intentions, to waste … Continue reading