Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Daily Archives: October 5, 2018
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson are going to take a look at the data Eric Chabot of Ratio Christi Ohio State University has a great post up about the post-mortem appearances of Jesus. The post contains: a…
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
Readers of Eclectic Orthodoxy know that Calvinism is, to put it mildly, “beyond my sympathies” (to use a phrase that Tolkien liked). But there are Calvinist theologians out there from which we can learn a…
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Perhaps an audience of Jewish listeners would have resonated with Jesus’s statements on murder (5:21-26) and adultery (5:27-30). At least in principle everyone can agree that anger and lust are the internal motivations for the…
via St. Francis de Sales on Liberty of Spirit
Book Plunge: Light From The Christian East
John Goldingay. An Introduction to the Old Testament: Exploring Text, Approaches and Issues. IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John Goldingay is a biblical scholar who teaches Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary. As the title indicates, … Continue reading
St. Paul addresses the issue of liberty of spirit when he assures the Romans: “You have not received the spirit of bondage again in fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption of sons, whereby we cry: Abba, Father.” … Continue reading
Celebrating Protestantism in October. Prices good through October 31st, 2018. * * * ReadingJonathanEdwards $4.99 A Documentary History of Religion in America to 1877 $2.99 A Documentary History of Religion in America from 1877 $2.99 A History of Biblical Interpretation, … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference (namely, the Bible interpretation): Originally posted on The light breaks through: Prayerlessness (James 4: 2b–3) “You don’t have because you don’t ask. 3 You ask and don’t have because you ask with evil intentions, to waste … Continue reading