Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The "We-Passages"
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 3, 2018
Historical French & English Apologetics
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
As many readers of this blog will know, apologetics is the art of defending and justifying a specific point of view. Clearly then one can be an apologist for…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Historical French & English Apologetics
Review of: Fear: Trump in the White House, by Bob Woodward
Reblogging for future reference: Regarp Book Blog I can think of no greater example of cognitive dissonance than my recent experience of alternating between reading a biography of James Madison by David O. Stewart, and Bob Woodward’s new book, Fear: … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Review of: Fear: Trump in the White House, by Bob Woodward
Gary Rendsburg and the sons of Jacob
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Gary Rendsburg is a scholar of Hebrew linguistics who collaborated with Cyrus H. Gordon on a book in the 1990s, The Bible and the Ancient Near East. (Gordon is an enigma. He was brilliant. He worked…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Gary Rendsburg and the sons of Jacob