Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- Church Write-Up: Messiah as Melchizedek; Jacob’s Stone in the Temple
- Kamala Harris keeps calling for Twitter to suspend Trump’s account. Here’s the company’s latest reply
- Pat Buchanan: Is the Interventionists’ Era Over for Good?
- Church Write-Up: Baptism
- Book Write-Up: Inflation (Opposing Viewpoints, 2013)
- Book Write-Up: Proverbs, by Irving L. Jensen
- Pat Buchanan: Is Trump At Last Ending Our ‘Endless Wars’?
- Church Write-Up: Rust
- Book Write-Up: The US Deficit (Opposing Viewpoints, 2013)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 10
Daily Archives: October 3, 2018
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
As many readers of this blog will know, apologetics is the art of defending and justifying a specific point of view. Clearly then one can be an apologist for…
Originally posted on Regarp Book Blog:
I can think of no greater example of cognitive dissonance than my recent experience of alternating between reading a biography of James Madison by David O. Stewart, and Bob Woodward’s new book, Fear: Trump…
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
The Law permitted swearing oaths. In Matthew 5:33, Jesus quotes the first part of Leviticus 19:12 along with Numbers 30:2 and (possibly) Deuteronomy 23:21. Oaths were used in both legal and religious contexts. A promise…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Gary Rendsburg is a scholar of Hebrew linguistics who collaborated with Cyrus H. Gordon on a book in the 1990s, The Bible and the Ancient Near East. (Gordon is an enigma. He was brilliant. He worked…
An [onto]Relational Rather than Metaphysical Doctrine of Sin: An Altar-Call for Metaphysics — The Evangelical Calvinist
One reason I am continuously enamored with Thomas Torrance (and have been for years now) is because he has this knack for being able to mediate, well, between various periods and lexicons of ecclesial ideational development; in other words, he … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Elizabeth Warren, Antonia Felix. Naperville, IL: Sourcebooks, 2018 Summary: A biography of the Democrat U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, from the financial struggles of her family, her academic life and the research that changed her life,…
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
The Belgic Confession Of Faith and The Canons Of Dordt, by Joel R. Beeke I must admit that I found this very brief (4 page) work to be highly entertaining, although I suspect it…