Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Shepherd of Hermas' Christology
- The Silent Scream, and Planned Parenthood's Response
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Monthly Archives: October 2018
via A Lampstand
Reading Acts As he did with almsgiving and prayer, Jesus redefines fasting as a private act of worship. Jesus assumes his disciples will fast since he says “when you fast.” But the true disciple of Jesus will practice fasting in … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
After a couple of days thinking about the fatal event that happened in Pittsburgh on Saturday, I return to R. Kendall Soulen’s The God of Israel and Christian Theology. Three theologians feature in Soulen’s attempt to…
I was having a conversation with a member of my adult faith class about the differences I saw between a religious versus a humanistic metaphysics.Before the contrast, let me state the assumption I’m working with, an assumption people might disagree … Continue reading
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
“The angels are first among creatures,” writes Paul Griffiths—“first, that is, in time, and first, also, in intimacy with the LORD. When the created order comes into being by the LORD’s fiat, the light that…
Originally posted on People's War:
The central of our party, the Workers’ Gazette, has been forcibly shut down, along with other papers, by the Military Revolutionary Committee. But the Bolsheviks have not stopped at this. After our new central…
Originally posted on Global Justice in the 21st Century:
? [Prefatory Note: Initially published by Transcend Media Service, Oct. 29, 2018; the piece is dedicated to the memory of my cherished friend Marc Nerfin, whose creativity, social grace, progressive…
Reading Acts Of the three disciplines in Matthew 6:1-18, fasting is the most difficult because evangelical Christians have been hesitant to participate in fasts. For most, they would prefer a good potluck to a fast! However, fasting was common in … Continue reading
gab.com is an alternative social network, set up and launched in 2016. It’s founder, Andrew Torba, stated he wanted to create a home for free speech, and counter what he perceived as “liberal bias” on other platforms, such as twitter … Continue reading
via ‘Martin Luther’s Hedonism’: The Role of the Affections in the Blood of the Cross