Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Daily Archives: September 21, 2018
Thomas Torrance’s Warning Against the Existentialist Jesus of Rudolf Bultmann and David Congdon — The Evangelical Calvinist
Reblogging for future reference, not necessarily agreement: I’ve been referring quite frequently to Rudolf Bultmann lately because of David Congdon’s big book on Bultmann; which I’ve been reading. I’ve finished about two thirds of the book (500 pp.), and I … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Some of my “Read Before I Die” Books I posted a question at my Bob on Books Facebook page yesterday asking people to name one book they would like to read before they die.…
Originally posted on International Liberty:
Some economic statistics are very important in the world of politics. When President Obama’s so-called stimulus was in effect, critics (including me) kept pointing to higher-than-predicted unemployment rates. President Trump, meanwhile, mistakenly thinks America somehow…
Reblogging for future reference. Reading Acts Matthew 5:21–22 (ESV) “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone … Continue reading
Roger E. Olson. The Story of Christian Theology: Twenty Centuries of Tradition and Reform. IVP Academic, 1999. See here to purchase the book. Roger E. Olson teaches theology at George W. Truett Theological Seminary, which is at Baylor University. In … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bethany House Fiction:
I see you there, cunning reader who thought I’d completely ignore this question because I was afraid of showing favoritism. Or maybe you thought I’d be vague and say, “That’s like asking me to…