Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- About Me
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Romans 14, Worship and the World to Come
- Romans 13 and Approaching the Atonement
- Romans 12:1-2
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
Daily Archives: September 7, 2018
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
One thing is obvious: Obama can give a darn good speech: “This whole notion that has sprung up recently about Democrats’ need to choose between trying to appeal to white working-class voters, or voters…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream, Doris Kearns Goodwin. New York: Open Road Media, 2015 (originally published in 1976). Summary: A biography of the 36th president exploring his ambitions, political skills, and vision, shaped by…
Originally posted on moderntoraleadership:
by Rabbi Aryeh Klapper Teachers of Torah must continually choose between timeliness and timelessness. Both options are legitimate. When the political issues of the moment are genuinely important, Torah should have something to say about them…
Advice to Christian Apologists: Being Wise as Serpents and Innocent as Doves — Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
Jesus exhorted us to love God with all our minds (Matthew 22:37-39). Explaining, commending, and defending the Christian worldview is not limited to experts; it is the call of every Christian (1 Peter 3:15-16). Arguing that Christianity is objectively true, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Although purity can refer to ritual cleanliness, Jesus refers to a person who is actually pure in their inner being. The adjective pure (καθαρός) is the word used frequently in the Septuagint to translate “clean”…
Here is this week’s Current Events Write-Up. It is a little earlier this week than usual because I will not be able to write it on Friday evening this week. CounterPunch: “Revised NAFTA Shows Every Sign of Being Another Trump … Continue reading
Originally posted on 34justice:
Amazon’s CEO, Jeff Bezos may be the wealthiest person in the history of the world: as of September 6, his net worth is $168 billion. At the same time, his company’s employment practices are terrible. At…
Thinking of Creation in Elevated and Eschatological Terms with Irenaeus: And Allowing Such Terms to Bring Eternal Perspective to Temporal Realities
via Thinking of Creation in Elevated and Eschatological Terms with Irenaeus: And Allowing Such Terms to Bring Eternal Perspective to Temporal Realities