Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- "Two Thousand Miles for a Five Minute Speech"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Jesus’s Theological Genealogies, Original Sin and the Fall, Enhancing Christian Life
- Why Unthankful?; the Vine Creates a Community; Romans 15-16; How to Read Daniel
Monthly Archives: August 2018
On Labor Day Sunday I’m often called on to preach so that the official pastor can take time off. So it is again. But this is probably the last time I will preach for a while. The congregations that usually … Continue reading
Thinking About Pastor Andrew Stoecklein’s Suicide and its Spiritual Nature: Mental Health and Spiritual Realities in Confluence — The Evangelical Calvinist
Andrew Stoecklein, as many of us know by now, a thirty year old pastor in Chino, CA attempted suicide this last Friday; succumbing to his attempt the following day in the hospital. He leaves behind his wife, and three young … Continue reading
I’m More Thankful for Jesus Than Theology: How Salvation Predisposed Me Towards a Certain Type of Theology
via I’m More Thankful for Jesus Than Theology: How Salvation Predisposed Me Towards a Certain Type of Theology
Richard Snoddy. The Soteriology of James Ussher: The Act and Object of Saving Faith. Oxford University Press, 2014. See here to purchase the book. James Ussher was a seventeenth Irish Reformed thinker, who had an influence on England. Richard Snoddy … Continue reading
Originally posted on International Liberty:
During America’s early history, trade taxes were the major source of government revenue, but they were “revenue tariffs” rather than “protectionist tariffs.” Lawmakers didn’t necessarily want to block imports. This was before America was plagued…
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
How does the infinite Creator know the contingent realities he has brought into existence without compromising his metaphysical simpleness? Or as St Dionysius the Areopagite asks: How is God to comprehend something among the intelligibles…
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Just as modern-day artists and religious practitioners write hymns of worship for gods, ancient scribes also wrote hymns for gods. The most significant difference between hymns of today and hymns of 2700 years ago…
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
I’d be happy to support Social Democrats, who represent a venerable political tradition that has done a lot of good. Social Democrats were viciously persecuted by Socialists and slaughtered by them in huge numbers,…
Reblogging for future reference.